InterContinental London Park Lane has a fantastic opportunity to join the team as a Sous Chef!
Situated at one of the capital’s most prestigious addresses - where Her Royal Highness, Queen Elizabeth II once used to reside, InterContinental London Park Lane reinvents traditional luxury to present modern and flexible sophistication in the heart of Mayfair. Inspired by its location overlooking the Royal Parks, the hotel delivers elegant natural interiors and award-wining seasonal cuisine.
Our Sous Chef is accountable for kitchen operation including production, cleanliness and safe systems of work, and deputises in the absence of our Executive Head Chef. Works alongside the team and ensures the food is received by the guest in a timely manner to the quality expected.
Our Sous Chefs ensures all food is received in a timely manner, to the highest quality and that the guest expectations are consistently exceeded.
We are looking for an ambitious individual, who is passionate about food. Our people are at the heart of everything we do, so you’ll be expected to encourage your team in everything they do, while providing and maintaining a fun, positive and creative atmosphere.
At InterContinental Hotels & Resorts® we live by the saying “Live the InterContinental Life”, This means delivering discreet luxury service whilst offering a true sense of hospitality that money can’t buy
What’s in it for you as our Sous Chef:
We are part of the IHG Hotels and Resorts® family, a global company - which means global opportunities! We are a market leader with the aim of delivering ‘True Hospitality for Good’. Our Sous Chef enjoy a range of benefits including:
- Up to £45,000 salary plus great IHG perks!
- 31 days holiday each year, including bank holidays, this increases up to a maximum of 33 days (Pro Rated)
- Worldwide hotel room rates and F&B discounts for all employees – plus Friends & Family.
- Discounts on retail and various activities through our HAPI benefit portal – with access to over 15,000 stores (Supermarkets, clothing stores, cinema tickets, eye care vouchers)
- Pension scheme enrolment after 3-month probation
- Season ticket loan
- 24/7 access to our staff wellbeing service ‘Yourhalo’, providing free confidential support and guidance for mental and physical health and wellbeing.
- Complimentary monthly massage therapy, foot doctor plus free medical plan.
- Subsidised taxi journey home for shifts finishing between 00:00 and 05:00
- 50% off F&B in our restaurant Theo Randall and Wellington Lounge
- Recognition through our Bravo programme – Where you can give and receive monetary bonuses and recognition for outstanding work!
- Continual Learning & Development opportunities such as apprenticeships and specific culinary workshops.
- Employee of the month programme
- Exciting social events throughout the year such as ‘quiz nights’ and ‘bowling nights’ to name a few!
- Opportunities for career progression and to transfer around the world
- Generous ‘Refer a friend’ programme
- Meals whilst on duty in our staff restaurant ‘Park Lane Café’
- Opportunities to get involved in our charitable and community activities
- Most importantly, we’ll help you grow, and develop you as an individual
What we need from you
Our people help to make the biggest difference – we strive for perfection in everything we do for our guests, always focussing on what is important to them and always looking to improve. We take pride in the fact that we are experts in what we do and love to demonstrate this expertise to our guests with a sense of flair.
To succeed as our Sous Chef, you will need:
- To have been a Sous chef for 1-2 years within a global hotel brand or restaurant of the same classification / cuisine (as minimum) with comparable size and complexity.
- be experienced in local cuisine, with practical experience of at least one other cuisine and experience catering meetings, social events and restaurants
- As a minimum, must have completed level 3 Food Safety certification and have knowledge in HACCP
- Knowledge of appropriate systems to support operational processes– Micros Simphony (or relevant POS), Procure Wizard and Quinyx
- Has knowledge of appropriate working to brand standards relating to food and the ability to create and deliver appropriate menus, using appropriate suppliers and product
- Is part of external networks and is up to date with critical issues and trends in food
- Has the technical skills to work on every section for every service period in the kitchen
Do you have what it takes? We’d love to hear from you.
Please click ‘apply’ now!
You must meet the legal requirements to work in the UK.