InterContinental London Park Lane has a fantastic opportunity to join the team as a Housekeeping Porter!
Situated at one of the capital’s most prestigious addresses- where Her Royal Highness, Queen Elizabeth II once used to reside, InterContinental London Park Lane reinvents traditional luxury to present modern and flexible sophistication in the heart of Mayfair. Inspired by its location overlooking the Royal Parks, the hotel delivers elegant natural interiors and award-wining seasonal cuisine.
We are Looking for Housekeeping Porters who can commit from 3 to 5 Days per week, 24 to 40 Hours a week.
We are offering an hourly rate paying £12.50 per hour
Our hotel is open 7 days a week 365 days a year and need people to work a range of shifts and days - this means we can offer great flexibility if required.
At Intercontinental Hotels & Resorts® we live by the saying “Live the Intercontinental Life”, This means delivering discreet luxury service whilst offering a true sense of hospitality that money can’t buy.
What’s in it for you as our Housekeeping Porter:
We are part of the IHG Hotels and Resorts® family, a global company, which means global opportunities! We are a market leader with the aim of delivering ‘True hospitality for good’. Our Housekeeping Team Members enjoy a range of benefits including:
- £26,000.00 salary (£12.50 per hour) Plus great IHG perks!
- Promotion opportunity to Self-Checker after 3 months service with a pay increase to £26,000 annual (£12.50 per hour)
- 28 days holiday each year, including bank holidays, this increases up to a maximum of 33 days (Pro Rated)
- Discounts on retail and various activities through our HAPI benefit portal – with access to over 15,000 stores (Grocery stores, clothing stores, cinema tickets, eye care vouchers, family outings, and health & wellbeing)
- Recognition through our Bravo programme – Where you can give and receive monetary bonuses and recognition for outstanding work!
- Pension scheme enrolment after 3-month probation
- 24/7 access to our staff wellbeing service ‘Yourhalo’, providing free confidential support and guidance for mental and physical health and wellbeing.
- Complimentary monthly massage therapy, foot doctor plus free medical plan.
- Exciting social events throughout the year such as ‘quiz nights’ and ‘bowling nights’ to name a few!
- Generous ‘Refer a friend’ programme
- Subsidised taxi journey home for shifts finishing between 00:00 and 05:00
- 50% off F&B in our restaurant Theo Randall and Wellington Lounge
- Generous ‘Refer a friend’ programme
- Employee of the month programme
- Continual Learning & Development opportunities.
- Opportunities for career progression and to transfer around the world
- Worldwide hotel room rates and F&B discounts for all employees – plus Friends & Family.
- Meals whilst on duty in our staff restaurant ‘Park Lane Café’
- Opportunities to get involved in our charitable and community activities
- Most importantly, we’ll help you grow, and develop you as an individual
Your day to day
What we need from you
To succeed as a Housekeeping Porter, you will need:
- To be passionate about delivering great service and be
- Previous experience in Hotel Cleaning, as a room attendant or public areas cleaner
- Experience with handling guests queries and complaints
- To be willing to learn new things and work as part of a wide hotel team
Our people help to make the biggest difference – we strive for perfection in everything we do for our guests, always focussing on what is important to them and always looking to improve. We take pride in the fact that we are experts in what we do and love to demonstrate this expertise to our guests with a sense of flair.
You’ll be called upon to complete a wide variety of tasks and jobs within the hotel and it’s extremely important that you remain flexible and versatile around this. This is a role, where you play a vital part in delivering a superior guest experience, from Cleaning Public Areas to Hotel Suites.
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Housekeeping Porter, then please click ‘apply’ now!
We’d love to hear from you!
You must meet the legal requirements to work in the UK.
What we offer