IHG Hotels & Resorts is one of the world’s leading hotel companies with around 350,000 colleagues working across more than 100 countries to deliver true hospitality for good. Our diverse portfolio of differentiated brands is well known and loved by millions of consumers around the world.
We genuinely care for our entire IHG Hotels & Resorts family. All our colleagues are valued, and their wellbeing matters to us. We provide the support our colleagues need to succeed and recognise them for their hard work. Our diverse global community values different perspectives and cultures.
Your day to day
An exciting opportunity has arisen within our Brand Standards Team to deliver brand integrity through the amendment and development of EMEAA brand standards for our brands.
This role is critical in supporting the delivery of standards that safeguard IHG’s brands, which drive greater brand consistency across the estate. The effective implementation of changes to standards is critical to ensuring hotels adhere to the correct brand standards. You will have the opportunity to work closely across IHG’s different teams throughout the region.
If you have strong Excel skills, a keen eye for detail and are detail orientated, this could be the role for you.
- EMEAA Brand Standards Publication: Support Owner Advice & Counsel process; research standards, draft slides, enter changes onto the system, manage translations, carry out publication quality checks, lead organization of content for meetings. Keep Standards Tracker and Activity & Publication checklist up to date. Coordinate with the Global Standards Team to agree annual timeline for the standards process.
- Waiver process management: Own the hotel waiver / alternative arrangement process end to end. Act as gatekeeper, providing initial checking, routing to relevant queues and trouble-shooting. Manage reporting on waiver process to drive efficiency and ensure Service Levels are adhered to.
- Support ticket management: Respond to and manage support tickets through our system.
- Support and work with Brand Standard manager to develop, manage external translation process and ultimately publish manuals in new languages
- Ad hoc support: Standards management support including review of standards feedback from internal and external stakeholders and actioning on the system. Project-based support for waiver transition during system changes. Support Owner/IHG taskforce where appropriate.
What we need from you
We’re looking for a self-motivated individual; you’re able to organize, prioritise, and plan work in an effective manner. You’ll have the ability to work across many internal functions, as well as a wide variety of key external stakeholders. Strong attention to detail is a must for this role, along with the ability to clearly communicate verbally and in writing.
Technical Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent Microsoft Office 365 skills, in particular Excel (comfortable using Vlookup and Pivot Tables) and PowerPoint
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to manage diverse group of stakeholders
- Strong project management skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Detail orientated
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum one year of work experience in relevant context
What we offer you
At IHG we give our colleagues greater flexibility and balance – working in a hybrid way, blending remote and office working. Although we thrive on collaborating in person, we expect that you’re likely to spend some time working remotely. Every role is different, and colleagues work with their team and their leader to determine how and when they collaborate in person. We like to believe we offer a unique culture where you have room to be yourself.
Alongside our great working environment, we’ll offer you a strong industry competitive package, including healthcare and incredible worldwide hotel discounts.
As an equal opportunity employer, IHG is committed to providing a working culture that values diversity equity and inclusion and is committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a barrier-free recruitment process and working environment.
Whilst this role will initially be based in our Denham head office location, by the end of 2022 we will be relocating to our new Global Headquarters in central Windsor, so you will need to be able to travel to Windsor as required in the longer term.
Closing date for applications: 30/06/2022