Working with us provides great benefits, including:
- Access your pay as you earn it through our financial wellbeing platform ‘Wagestream,’ a tool that lets you track your earnings in real-time, access a percentage of your pay as you earn it, learn easy tips for managing your money and save straight from your pay into pots for the future.
- Discounted Hotel Stays across our UK sites, and if you work for a branded venue, around the World!
- 50% off Food & Beverage at all our Hotels & F&B Venues
- Spa Discounts at our venues with a Spa
- Retail, Cinema & Leisure Discounts
- Development Opportunities via our ‘Grow with us’ initiative, including Apprenticeship opportunities, our Development Programmes, and more!
- Monthly ‘Star of the Month’ Awards
- Long-service Awards, that start after 1 year of service
- ‘Recommend a Friend’ Incentive – Be rewarded for referring someone you know!
- Access to a confidential ‘Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)’ available 24/7, 365 days per year.
- Pension Scheme
- Other incentive programmes that run throughout the year
About the role…
Your main priority is to ensure our kitchen/s run smoothly by making sure everything is clean, tidy, safe and hygienic. When a kitchen is busy, equipment will need to be cleaned quickly and be ready for chefs and service staff to use. In addition to keeping the kitchen sparkling clean, kitchen porters can sometimes be involved in food preparation.
- Good level of physical fitness - not just because you’re on your feet all day, but also for unloading deliveries
- Ability to work alone with minimal instruction, be self-led and take initiative along with working as part of a larger team
- Good time management skills – Our kitchens get busy, so keeping on top of routine tasks whilst being able to deal with ad-hoc extra duties is essential
- Ability to communicate well across the team
- The ability to remain calm under pressure and follow instruction
- Awareness of hygiene and safety regulations
At Cairn Group we're ambitious. With a varied and extensive UK portfolio of hotels, bars and restaurants in our portfolio, we're focused on continual growth and are in it for the long haul. We are a family owned business with family values at our core, with a growing team and sites UK wide.