Working with us provides great benefits, including:
- Access your pay as you earn it through our financial wellbeing platform ‘Wagestream,’ a tool that lets you track your earnings in real-time, access a percentage of your pay as you earn it, learn easy tips for managing your money and save straight from your pay into pots for the future.
- Discounted Hotel Stays across our UK sites, and if you work for a branded venue, around the World!
- 50% off Food & Beverage at all our Hotels & F&B Venues
- Spa Discounts at our venues with a Spa
- Retail, Cinema & Leisure Discounts
- Development Opportunities via our ‘Grow with us’ initiative, including Apprenticeship opportunities, our Development Programmes, and more!
- Monthly ‘Star of the Month’ Awards
- Long-service Awards, that start after 1 year of service
- ‘Recommend a Friend’ Incentive – Be rewarded for referring someone you know!
- Access to a confidential ‘Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)’ available 24/7, 365 days per year.
- Pension Scheme
- Other incentive programmes that run throughout the year
About the role…
The moment a guest steps into one of our hotels, whether it be day or night, they walk into a genuinely memorable experience. You’ll not only be the person they rely on to handle transactions, offer local insights and anticipate every detail of a friction-free experience, you’ll also create the warm atmosphere that makes our guests feel at home in any location.
You’ll also be responsible for the security of the hotel and it’s guests overnight, as well and completing a number of administrative and preparation duties. This could include night security checks around the hotel, room service from our night menu, setting up of service areas (such as breakfast, or conference and banqueting), and basic cleaning tasks. You'll also handle cash/credit transactions and complete/ support in completing, cash/car reconciliation for the hotel.
The successful candidate will have previous reception and night working experience ideally within a hotel environment. Experience with Opera PMS is advantageous.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer relation skills to ensure a seamless and memorable experience, proactively resolving any challenges that may arise
- Flexible and adaptable, with the ability to stay calm under pressure, adapting your approach to complete routine and non-routine tasks
- High attention to detail and accuracy – great at managing one’s own time
- As you may be working alone, or as part of a small team, it’s important you also work well under your own initiative
At Cairn Group we're ambitious. With a varied and extensive UK portfolio of hotels, bars and restaurants in our portfolio, we're focused on continual growth and are in it for the long haul. We are a family owned business with family values at our core, with a growing team and sites UK wide.