£9.58 per hour plus company benefits
A Top 20 Mid-Size Care Home Group 2021 - 4th year running!
Abbotswood Court is a beautiful 60 bedded residential care home located in Romsey, near Southampton. We are looking to recruit a full-timeKitchen Assistant to work as part of our Catering Team. We are looking for someone who is reliable and is flexible in their working hours and is ideally experienced in a catering/kitchen environment. We offer full-training and support.
An interest in cake making would be an advantage and support will be given.
The Kitchen Assistant supports all catering functions within the home and, alongside the Head Chef and other catering staff ensures that all kitchen services are efficient and that the required Health & Safety measures are adhered to within the department. The Kitchen Assistant assists with all the working areas within the homes kitchen. Responsibilities will include food preparation, washing dishes and cleaning the kitchen area.
- Support the Head Chef, Chef and other catering team members to deliver all catering services throughout the home, ensuring resident choice at all times.
- Maintain a high standard of hygiene and cleanliness in the kitchen and food storage areas at all times in accordance with the appropriate food hygiene regulations.
- Prepare special diet meals as needed and as directed by the Head Chef.
- Provide feedback to the Head Chef and Chef on complaints from residents or others on the functioning of the catering department. Address complaints promptly where possible and report them to the Head Chef or in the Head Chef's absence to the Chef.
- Washing dishes, cutlery, kitchen equipment. General cleaning tasks.
- Physically and medically able to carry out duties and responsibilities with or without assistive aids
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload and work under pressure
- Energetic, passionate and proactive attitude
- Awareness of COSHH and CQC regulations