Meetings & Events Manager - Fixed Term Contract
Wotton House has a fantastic opportunity to join the team as a Meetings & Events Manager – Maternity Cover until the end of September 2023
Wotton House Country Estate Hotel near Dorking, is an estate like no other. In what was once the former seat of the Evelyn family, this 17th-century house has a long tradition of entertaining guests. Here, a mix of original features and 21st-century style set the tone so that all events are memorable: a wedding day like no other, business meetings that become an unexpected pleasure, training that delights and inspires. Dining is relaxed whether it's a meal in the 1877 Restaurant, or a party for 200 with simple yet delicious food. Afternoon tea is served daily in The Morning Room, whilst upstairs; you'll find a collection of beautifully refurbished bedrooms and suites. 13 acres of grounds so our guests explore Italian gardens, Roman temples, manicured lawns and Surrey Hills beyond.
Our Meetings & Events Manager will take responsibility & accountability for the management of assigned meetings and events. You will work with the department head, ensuring the team offer a knowledgeable and efficient service whilst having a full understanding of the customer needs. To ensure the team Interact and communicate with all departments ensuring that all accurate information is provided and distributed to the team, and to maximize all sales opportunities ensuring that all standards.
Our Meetings & Events Manager, receive some great benefits:
- £30,000.00 per annum.
- 31 days holiday each year, including bank holidays, this increases up to a maximum of 33 days (Pro Rated)
- Worldwide employee and friends & family hotel room rates
- Discounts on retail and various activities through our benefit portal
- Employee assistance programme 24/7
- Recognition programmes
- Opportunities for career progression and to transfer around the world
- Meals whilst on duty
- Opportunities to get involved in our charitable and community activities
- Most importantly, we’ll help you grow, and develop you as an individual
What we need from you
Given the nature of this role it’s important that you have some Meeting & Events experience whether you have previously worked in a hotel in Hotels or destination venues , work in Sales administration role, this may be the role for you. Along with the above, you’ll pride yourself on your high levels of attention to detail and adaptability!!
To succeed as our Meetings & Events Manager, you will need:
- A minimum of 1 years experience within a Hotel Conference environment (essential) and /or a minimum of 2 years management experience within a hotel commercial office (desirable)
- A solid track record of revenue achievement in the service and hospitality industry is essential for this role.
- You will have strong strategic planning skills, ability to look ahead and strategies in place to support the plans.
- A degree of knowledge of all market segments i.e. corporate, conference and leisure is crucial.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills are key.
- It is essential that you are able to work well under pressure, with minimal supervision and maintain high standards and attention to detail.
- Coaching and supporting team members to develop
- Extensive Knowledge of Opera, Delphi, Social Tables and Venue verdict
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Meetings & Events Manager, then please click ‘apply’ now!
We’d love to hear from you!
You must meet the legal requirements to work in the UK.