InterContinental Edinburgh The George are looking for an organised and passionate Housekeeping Coordinator to join our expanding Housekeeping Team...
InterContinental® Edinburgh The George has been welcoming hotel guests since 1881 where it is nested in the UNESCO World Heritage area of the beautiful and cultured city of Edinburgh. At its heart are five listed Georgian townhouses, built in 1775 as homes for Edinburgh’s most prosperous citizens and with proud connections with literacy legends such as Robbie Burns and Sir Walker Scott. Today, The InterContinental Edinburgh The George offers all luxuries the service and luxury of an InterContinental® life, with charming character in our rooms, our own Printing Press Bar & Restaurant, very own Burr & Co Coffee Shop and enchanting hospitality throughout.
We are Looking for a Housekeeping Coordinator who can commit to 40 Hours a week.
We are paying £12.00 per hour, every hour worked paid!
Our Housekeeping Coordinator is responsible for coordinating the day to day administration of the Housekeeping department to ensure that our amazing Room Attendants, Team Leaders and Housekeeping Managers are set up for success every day. You will coordinate daily housekeeping operations and be the oil that greases our slick Housekeeping operation. You’ll ensure we are fully stocked, our teams look great and that we are set up for success every day. Our Housekeeping Coordinator delivers True Hospitality for guests and works flexibly and collaboratively across operational departments to ensure we can deliver excellence every day.
Your day to day
Our people help to make the biggest difference – we strive for perfection in everything we do for our guests, always focusing on what is important to them and anticipating every need. We take pride in the fact that we are experts in what we do and love to demonstrate this expertise to our guests with a sense of flair.
You’ll be called upon to complete a wide variety of tasks and jobs within the hotel and it’s extremely important that you remain flexible and versatile around this. This is a role, where you play a vital part in delivering a superior guest experience by ensuring we are as efficient as possible for guest and colleague requests alike.
To succeed as a Housekeeping Coordinator, you will need:
- To be passionate about delivering great service and confident in multi-tasking and in depth planning
- Previous experience in Hotel Cleaning, as room attendant or in reception
- Experience with handling guests queries and queries that come from within the Housekeeping and Front Office department
- To be willing to learn new things and work as part of a wide hotel team
- To be proficient in MS Office applications and Opera (highly desirable)
So what’s in for you (just in case you need more persuading)
Not bragging but we are part of the IHG hotels and Resort family, FTSE 100 Company, market leader in delivering True Hospitality for Good around the world.
In our managed Edinburgh properties, you can take full advantage of our £15 a month gym membership, with 20% off all spa treatments.
With 25% off in all restaurants & Bars, within both Kimpton Charlotte Square & InterContinental Edinburgh The George, and an amazing 50% off in Burr & Co coffee shop concept on George Street, you can enjoy all that our guests do at a discounted price.
- £12.00 per hour, Plus Great IHG Perks!
- 28 days holiday each year, including bank holidays, this increases up to a maximum of 33 days (pro rata)
- Worldwide employee and friends & family hotel room rates
- An Overnight stay plus 1 when probationary period passed
- 50% off on F&B when staying over in IHG properties on Employee Rate
- Discounts on retail and various activities through our benefit portal
- Employee assistance programme 24/7
- Employee healthcare plan
- Access to Mental Healthcare first aiders
- Opportunities for career progression and to transfer around the world
- Meals whilst on duty
- Opportunities to get involved in our charitable and community activities
- Most importantly, we’ll help you grow, and develop you as an individual
Do you have what it takes? We’d love to hear from you.
Please click ‘apply’ now!
You must meet the legal requirements to work in the UK.