InterContinental® Edinburgh The George are looking for a Night Owl to join us as our Night Duty Manager on a 4 on/4 off shift rotation, for this exciting opportunity to join a growing Front Office Team...
InterContinental® Edinburgh The George has been welcoming hotel guests since 1881 where it is nested in the UNESCO World Heritage area of the beautiful and cultured city of Edinburgh. At its heart are five listed Georgian townhouses, built in 1775 as homes for Edinburgh’s most prosperous citizens and with proud connections with literacy legends such as Robbie Burns and Sir Walker Scott. Today, The InterContinental Edinburgh The George offers all luxuries the service and luxury of an InterContinental® life, with charming character in our rooms, our own Printing Press Bar & Restaurant, very own Burr & Co Coffee Shop and enchanting hospitality throughout
As a Night Duty Manager, you will be leading our Nights Team to success by ensuring the Night Audit is done efficiently and that the night runs smoothly; by attending to Guest requests and concerns throughout the night.
You will be supporting the Front Office Manager in this important role and performing managerial tasks such as supporting, training and developing your team. This is a role for someone passionate about developing their career in a luxury property, enjoys the shift pattern of working Nights and is confident about dealing with a range of requests and queries.
At Intercontinental Hotels & Resorts® we live by the saying “Live the Intercontinental Life”, This means delivering discreet luxury service whilst offering a true sense of hospitality that money can’t buy.
So what’s in for you (just in case you need more persuading)
Not bragging but we are part of the IHG Hotels and Resorts family, a FTSE 100 Company, market leader in delivering True Hospitality for Good around the world
- Up to £28,000 Salary
- 31 days holiday each year, including bank holidays, this increases up to a maximum of 33 days (Pro Rated)
- Discounted international/worldwide room rates for yourself, family and friends
- Access to our voluntary benefits portal which includes discounts on some travel, leisure time activities, health, retail and motoring
- Employee assistance programme
- Life insurance
- Vast range of learning and development programmes
- Opportunities for promotion and transfer across the group both national and international
- Meals whilst on duty
- Uniform Provided
- Opportunities to get involved in our charitable and community activities
- Most importantly, we’ll help you grow, and develop you as an individual.
Our people help to make the biggest difference - If you enjoy variety and are at your best when being part of a team as well as being passionate about delivering excellent guest service through your high-quality front facing customer service work, this role is for you.
It’s important to remember your importance and reason for completing each job- Our guests! From the moment a guest arrives to check in, to the check in experience, helping with luggage, or dealing with guest queries. You’ll be called upon to complete a wide variety of tasks and jobs within our hotel and it’s extremely important that you remain flexible and versatile around these. This is a full guest facing role, where you play a vital part in delivering a fantastic guest experience and it’s important to remain friendly, approachable and the best version of you whenever you come in to contact with one of our guests.
To succeed as our Guest Services Manager (Nights), you will need:
- Front Office duty management and team leadership experience in a property of similar size & standard.
- Proven track record with success at working with loyalty schemes and enrolments
- Have an awareness of market trends and the ability to implement new initiatives
- Good understanding of systems to support driving results Opera, Delphi, Microsoft suite
- Knowledge of a service optimization tool ‘ Quore ’ a plus
Do you have what it takes to be our Night Duty Manager? We’d love to hear from you.
Please click ‘apply’ now!?
You must meet the legal requirements to work in the UK.