Chef De Partie Apprentice
Experienced and dedicated Apprentice Chef required to join the Kitchen Brigade, at Beales Hotel, Hatfield. The ideal candidate will be career-minded, hardworking with a passion for food.
Number of Positions Available
We want you to be inspired by the unusual blend of natural and man-made materials at our four star Hertfordshire hotel. From the moment you walk in, you will appreciate the care and attention that has enriched the finest contemporary hotel in Hertfordshire. Whether you want space to work or simply to gather thoughts, open your mind to an inviting world and take a look at the various innovative facilities on offer from Beales Hotel.
Detailed Job Description
Beales is the finest contemporary Hotel in Hatfield, a stunning, contemporary 4 star Hotel boasting a modern yet versatile interior, Beales Hotel is ideal for hosting events such as weddings and celebrations, or corporate events and seminars.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Apprentice Chef at Beales Hotel, Hatfield, to to join the Kitchen Brigade and develop their experience.
The ideal candidate will be career-minded, hardworking with a passion for food. Would suit experienced Commis Chef willing to train and develop and work towards gaining a Qualification.
Duties will include:
• Ingredient preparation
• Cooking meals through various different cooking methods
• Plating up and presentation of food
• Taking instruction from senior chefs
• Cleaning and clearing down work stations
• Working in a safe manner at all times
• Portion control
Ideal candidates will have:
- Good knowledge of all sections within a kitchen
- Good knife skills
- Minimum of 2 years experience within a busy kitchen as a Commis Chef or higher
- Passionate about cooking fresh food
- Be able to work under pressure and use own initiative
- To make sure that the cleaning schedule is completed every day/ week
- To make sure that all food is labelled and that stock is rotated
- Minimising food waste and have an understanding of food costs
- Ensuring all deliveries are checked correctly
- Keep own knowledge up to date and attend any training that is required
- Ability to work well as part of a team.
Role will be working alongside the opportunity to study for an Apprenticeship vocational qualification at minimum level 2. Training will be free for the successful candidate and usually costs between £5,000 and £9,000.
Salary for Commis Chef level + (not entry level) starts on NMW (not minimum Apprenticeship Salary), but could progress further once qualified
- Have good culinary skills and experience of working as a commis chef in previous role, preferably in a quality restaurant/culinary environment
- Have ability to multi-task and work effectively under pressure
- Be organised and precise, with a keen eye for detail
- Have food safety training and relevant culinary qualifications
- Ability to deal with deliveries and stock rotation, and maintain high standards of food hygiene
- Have good interpersonal and communication skills and be good at working as part of a team
Good team player
Able to multitask
Level 2 Food Safety Skills and Allergen Training, plus relevant culinary vocational qualification (ideally, though training can be given)
Maths and English will be assessed as part of the interview process
Progress from Chef de Partie, and potential possibility for Junior Sous Chef in the future (subject to skills/experience)
This position is required as soon as possible; early start date acceptable
There is a possibility that Live-in Accommodation may be available with this role, at a highly discounted accommodation cost (includes utilities and 3 meals per day)
Training to be Provided
Chef de Partie Level 3 apprenticeship
Maths and English if required
45 hours p.w. worked over 5 days each week, as per rota (will include weekends & Bank Hols.)
Things to consider
Due to various shift work, including early shifts from 7am and late shifts ending at 11.30pm, it may be recommended to be based locally or have reliable transport