The Abbey Hotel consists of many different departments and as a Rooms Division Apprentice, you would have the opportunity to work in Housekeeping, Reception and Reservations departments for a few months each to learn about the various jobs in hospitality.
Number of Positions Available
The Abbey is a 4-star hotel in Great Malvern with landscaped gardens and spectacular views over the Vale Of Evesham and the Malvern Hills.
With 103 bedrooms, restaurant, bar and 6 meeting/events rooms, the hotel offers a comfortable base for exploring the splendours of England’s Three Counties: Worcestershire, Gloucestershire and Herefordshire. WiFi and parking are free for all guests and delegates.
Detailed Job Description
The Abbey Hotel is a 4-star hotel in Great Malvern with landscaped gardens and spectacular views over the Vale of Evesham and the Malvern Hills. With 103 bedrooms, a restaurant and a bar, the hotel offers a comfortable base for exploring the splendours of England’s Three Counties: Worcestershire, Gloucestershire and Herefordshire
They are looking for a keen apprentice to join them and as The Abbey Hotel consists of many different departments, as a Rooms Division Apprentice, you would have the opportunity to work in Housekeeping, Reception and Reservations departments for a few months each to learn about the various jobs in hospitality. Alongside this the successful applicant will work towards gaining their Level 2 Hospitality Team Member Qualification.
Duties would include:
· Providing excellent service to our guests in a range of departments throughout the hotel, including housekeeping, reception and reservations.
· Ensuring all areas of the hotel are well maintained.
· Providing a friendly and welcoming atmosphere for our guests.
· Learning about the different departments within the hotel and how they work together for the daily running of the hotel.
· Working well with your other team members and management to ensure a smooth service and high team morale.
· Learning and building your knowledge on all the hotel’s products and services.
· Being proactive in upselling all aspects of the department.
· Supporting senior team members.
Why join the Sarova Hotel's team as a Rooms Division Apprentice?
At Sarova Hotels, we love what we do, and we’re looking to grow our team with people who share our passion for success. We want individuals who will bring their own style to every experience and put our guests at the heart of everything they do. We pride ourselves on our team, and we work hard to take their careers to new heights. As part of the Sarova Hotels team, you will enjoy a range of benefits, including:
· Smart uniform and free meals on duty
· 28 days holiday including bank holidays
· An additional paid day off for your birthday
· Workplace Pension Scheme
· Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
· Various incentives and rewards based on performance
· Employee of the Month and Year Awards
· Sarova Rewards for going the extra mile & delivering exceptional guest service
· Annual staff party
· Regular employee appreciation events
· Family & Friends Accommodation rates at all hotels in the group
· Opportunities for training and development & recognising your potential
As a Rooms Division Apprentice you will have...
· Strong communication and customer service skills.
· A good level of written and spoken English and maths.
· Excellent team working skills.
· Ability to commit to studying and fulfilling a 12 month long work based apprenticeship programme.
· A pro-active and can-do attitude.
· Flexibility to work on a 5 day rota basis across seven days, mornings and evenings as required.
· A confident and sociable attitude and well-presented at all times.
· The ability to thrive in a customer-facing role.
None required, however, Maths and English will be assessed as part of the interview process.
You will be working towards a full time role at the end of your Apprenticeship should one be available.
Training to be Provided
Hospitality Team Member apprenticeship Level 2
Maths and English if required
40 Hours a week
Things to consider
You will be required to work evenings and weekends as part of this role. 40 hours will include shift patterns/weekends/bank holidays. 8.5 hours a day with a 30 min break