We are looking for a Sommelier to join our team. You’ll have a great understanding of, and passion for wine and the industry, a thirst for knowledge and continuous growth.
Along with your natural flair for first class service and hospitality you’ll be consistent, reliable and excited to be a key part of a happy and supportive team.
This role will be working with an award-winning wine list; featuring over 240 wines, in a restaurant of 140 capacity alongside a restaurant team of 25.
With unparalleled opportunities to taste the world’s greatest wines, attend tastings and trips and support from a further wine team across the company this is a uniquely exciting opportunity.
Work somewhere awesome:
Careers with Hawksmoor are among the best – generous pay and benefits, award-winning restaurants and bars, unrivalled career opportunities and some of the happiest people in the business (as voted by the people who work here).
We have been recognised as one of the top companies to work for in the UK by Best Companies every year for the past decade.
• Discounted health and fitness benefits
• Additional paid maternity and paternity leave to help you care for new additions to your family
• Income protection insurance for critical illness and death benefit
• Free meals when you’re at work,
• 50% off food in our restaurants for you and your loved ones
• An optional paid day each year to use for volunteering
• Exclusive savings on travel, shopping, restaurants, and more
• 28 days’ holiday that include service charge.
• A restaurant welfare budget allocated for healthy snacks, drinks and support during our busiest times of the year
• Huge investment in training and development with qualifications across Wine, H&S, Food Safety, HR and a five-stage management development programme, run in partnership with the Watershed Management School
• Access to counselling, remote GP/physio services, legal advice and more
We strive to be a company that is inclusive in terms of age, gender, identity, race, sexual orientation, ethnicity, and to create an environment where everyone, from any background, can be happy at work.