Imagine the barback as the person that is bailing water out of a cruise ship. A good barback will keep the ship afloat and no one will ever know there was a problem. A bad barback, on the other hand, will make the ship sink - fast!
And that's why we are looking for the best talent.
WHY WORK FOR ETM?
- Competitive hourly pay
- Guaranteed share of service charge increase after 6 months of employment
- Half price food and drinks at any ETM Group venue, for you and up to 5 friends - any day, any time!
- Your birthday lunch in your venue is on us
- Free counselling, legal advice and access to hardship grants through our 24/7 employee helpline
- Membership of Wagestream, which allows you to access up to 40% of your earnings between pay dates
- Generous contribution to your medical expenses such as dentists, opticians, chiropractors and therapy treatments
- 24/7 access to a doctor via phone or webcam
- Employee Referral Program
- £250 when you become a parent!
- Discounted gym memberships and classes across London
- Money off your shopping at Sainsbury's, Boots, H&M, M&S, ASOS, Apple and many more high street stores
The Botanist Broadgate (part of ETM Group) is a buzzing day-to-night restaurant and bar, located in the City's drinking and dining hot-spot, Broadgate Circle. With a sleek industrial vibe alongside exotic taxidermy and luxe furnishings, the atmosphere is fun, fabulous and decadent. Featuring 3 cocktail bars, alongside a chic restaurant and underground club, The Soda Room, The Botanist offers an exciting, varied and unique vibe and is the most popular bar in Broadgate Circle, loved by locals!
ETM Group is a London based hospitality group with a rich collection of bars, restaurants and classic British pubs. We are all about quality, personality and memorable experiences for our guests. Being part of our ETM family you must live by our EPIC values of Excellence, Passion, Integrity and Challenge, and you must be able to transmit these within the FOH team.
Your job is all about working ahead, managing your time well and anticipating the needs of the people you are working with. You'll be responsible for maintaining a well-stocked, clean and organised bar environment, both front and back of house, as well as assisting our busy bar team in providing an excellent service to all of our guests.
The perfect Bar Back:
- Quick behind the bar - If you ever wanted to get a high score with your Fitbit, this is the job for you
- Masters of observation
- Have a plan when things get busy - By planning ahead you can better use every minute
- Multitasking ninja
- Knows 'The Dance' - When you develop a sense of when and how to move as a team
We know hospitality can be hard work, but it's very rewarding! As part of the ETM family, we always pull together with smiles on our faces.
Why not check us out on social media? Search @ETMGroupLtd on Facebook, Instagram or LinkedIn and?find out what it's like to work with us.
The basic hourly rate for this role is £10, however you will also earn a share of service charge, which is distributed to all staff through a Tronc Point system. We cannot guarantee exact service charge amounts, but the advertised hourly rate is a fair indication of average hourly salary for this role, including of base rate and Tronc.