We have an exciting opportunity for a Head Pastry Chef to join our highly successful team in the Pastry Kitchen here at our Ham Yard Hotel. To be successful in this role you will need to be confident in leading and developing a team whilst also managing a smooth and consistent service. Leading our pastry kitchen team, you will be expected to demonstrate excellent attention to detail, creativity, organisational and communication skills.
We are looking for a Head Pastry Chef who will oversee the daily operation of the pastry kitchen whilst being responsible for introducing popular and unique seasonal menu’s, managing a budget, the ordering and control of stock. You will need to be passionate about delivering food at the highest standard using only fresh ingredients. As a Head Pastry Chef, you will manage and supervise the pastry kitchen team whilst also maintaining strict health and safety and food hygiene standards.
What we Offer:
· Competitive salary based on experience
· Perkbox – A team member platform offering a huge variety of discounts and our reward and recognition program
· Wage Stream – An employee app to stream your wages before payday
· No split shifts
· Cycle to work Scheme
· Uniform and Meals provided
· Uniforms Dry Cleaned
· Social Events, Wellbeing and Team Activities
· Award winning training opportunities and Career Development
· Firmdale Experience and Long Service vouchers (Afternoon tea, dinner for two, Film Club and an overnight stay)
· And much more!
What you Need:
· Experience in the same or similar role
· Ability to lead, develop and manage a team
· Managing budgets and stock control
· Passionate about food
· Demonstrate excellent attention to detail
· High Standard of Food Knowledge
· Organisational and Communication Skills
Why join Firmdale Hotels?
Firmdale Hotels is an international award winning group comprising of 10 high end luxury hotels and 8 bars and restaurants in London and New York
We are delighted to have been recognised by the hospitality industry for some of the great work our teams have done. To name a few of our recent awards and accolades;
- Firmdale Hotels - “Winner of the Best Employer Award at The Cateys 2017 & 2020 and Number One in The Caterer Best Places to Work in Hospitality”
- Manager of the year - Laura Sharpe, Cateys 2018
- Hotel of the year - Group - Cateys 2018
In line with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, we do require all applicants to have the eligibility to live and work in the United Kingdom. Documentation will be required at interview stage.