Kimpton Charlotte Square and InterContinental The George are looking for a Finance Assistant to join our friendly cluster finance team...
InterContinental® Edinburgh The George has been welcoming hotel guests since 1881 where it is nested in the UNESCO World Heritage area of the beautiful and cultured city of Edinburgh. At its heart are five listed Georgian townhouses, built in 1775 as homes for Edinburgh’s most prosperous citizens and with proud connections with literacy legends such as Robbie Burns and Sir Walker Scott. Today, The InterContinental Edinburgh The George offers all luxuries the service and luxury of an InterContinental® life, with charming character in our rooms, our own Printing Press Bar & Restaurant, very own Burr & Co Coffee Shop and enchanting hospitality throughout.
We are offering up to £25,000.00 per annum plus IHG Perks - this is perfect suited for a Finance Graduate looking for their first role in Finance! We are looking for someone who can work 40 hours per week across Monday to Friday.
As our cluster Finance Assistant, we are looking for someone to support the finance team in producing monthly accounts, meeting all deadlines and adhering to IHG policies and procedures. Your tasks will be varied, including managing the Procurement System; assisting in billing and query resolution, completing the income audit; resolving imbalances with Team Members and completing other Ad Hoc accounting requests. You will be expected to maintain relationships with the immediate finance team and wider hotel team, whilst working within brand standards. We would love for you to identify gaps in processes and training to help our continuous improvement and not afraid to showcase your knowledge.
What’s in it for you as our Finance Assistant:
Not bragging but we are part of the IHG hotels and Resort family, FTSE 100 Company, market leader in delivering True Hospitality for Good around the world.
In our managed Edinburgh properties, you can take full advantage of our £15 a month gym membership, with 20% off all spa treatments.
With 25% off in all restaurants & Bars, within both Kimpton Charlotte Square & InterContinental Edinburgh The George, and an amazing 50% off in Burr & Co coffee shop concept on George Street, you can enjoy all that our guests do at a discounted price.
- Up to £25,000.00 per annum, Plus Great IHG Perks!
- 28 days holiday each year, including bank holidays, this increases up to a maximum of 33 days (pro rata)
- Worldwide employee and friends & family hotel room rates
- An Overnight stay plus 1 when probationary period passed
- 50% off on F&B when staying over in IHG properties on Employee Rate
- Discounts on retail and various activities through our benefit portal
- Employee assistance programme 24/7
- Employee healthcare plan
- Access to Mental Healthcare first aiders
- Opportunities for career progression and to transfer around the world
- Meals whilst on duty
- Opportunities to get involved in our charitable and community activities
- Most importantly, we’ll help you grow, and develop you as an individual
To succeed as our Finance Assistant we are looking for:
- Previous experience working in a team, strong communication skills and able to work in a fast paced environment
- Experience learnt through a degree in Finance or similar, with a predicted or achieved grade of 2:2 or above is preferable
- Keen to get involved with various aspects of a busy finance department and gain a breadth of knowledge - Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Income Audit, Payroll, Forecasting, Budgeting and performing month-end accounts
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Finance Assistant, then please click ‘apply’ now!
We’d love to hear from you!?
You must meet the legal requirements to work in the UK.