Hotel Welcomer/Porter Apprentice
West Lodge Park Hotel (part of Beales Hotels), have a fantastic opportunity for an apprentice to join their busy team as a Welcomer/Porter, learn the trade and work towards gaining a Level 2 Hospitality Team Member Qualification.
Number of Positions Available
Here at West Lodge Park, we have so much to offer. We cater for weddings, celebrations, special events, Christmas parties and much more. And, being just a stone’s throw away from North London, including nearby boroughs Enfield and Barnet, Beales is the perfect choice for those looking to host their next occasion away from the hustle and bustle of the city in beautiful surroundings.
Detailed Job Description
West Lodge Park Hotel has so much to offer. They cater for weddings, celebrations, special events, Christmas parties and much more. And, being just a stone’s throw away from North London, including nearby boroughs Enfield and Barnet, Beales is the perfect choice for those looking to host their next occasion away from the hustle and bustle of the city in beautiful surroundings
West Lodge Park Hotel, have a fantastic opportunity for an apprentice to join their busy team as a welcomer/porter, learn the trade and work towards gaining a Level 2 Hospitality Team Member, Concierge Qualification.
The Hotel Welcomer/Porter is a Front of House Door Person role, whose main tasks include greeting guests/visitors warmly on arrival, helping to carry their luggage and assist them to Reception and help with in-house Porter duties
Skills / experience required:
Ability to provide a natural, friendly four star service on arrival and departure that is personalised, confident and calm.
Main tasks include:
Greeting guests / visitors warmly on arrival, helping to carry their luggage and assist them to Reception and to their rooms, direct visitors to public areas during their stay, help with porter duties (serving food / refreshments in public areas, setting-up/clearing away in function rooms and public areas) etc.
Experience as a Hotel Doorperson, Concierge or Porter role in a luxury Hotel/Hospitality role/quality environment would be preferable
Your grooming should be immaculate as you will be located at the Hotel entrance and in public areas.
Excellent communication required, in order to connect with guests from all over the world – with a fluent level of spoken English essential (another spoken language would be nice to have, but is not necessary).
The ability to lift, carry and move guest’s luggage, bags, hotel equipment etc. is essential to this role.
Highly organised with great attention to detail and have a flexible approach to working hours with the ability to work shifts.
The ideal candidate will be confident and polite, with a smart appearance and a wish to exceed the guest’s expectations.
• Meeting guests in the reception area
• Helping guests with their luggage
• Showing guests to their rooms
• Handling customer queries
• Assisting reception, helping with luggage, showing guests to rooms and helping to settle them in (explaining in-room and hotel facilities)
• Giving directions and general assistance to guests / visitors around the hotel areas
• Service of drinks and light refreshments
• Keeping the lounge areas tidy
• Assisting with setting-up and clearing away public areas and function rooms (eg. moving furniture, crockery etc.) when required.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills, with fluent spoken English
• Flexible work practice
• Good team worker and hardworking
• Attention to detail
• Experience of working in quality environment or ability to conduct themselves in a four star hospitality setting
• Friendly, well presented
• Good at talking with people and establishing a rapport with people from all walks of life/backgrounds
• Flexible approach to work
• Able to lift, carry and move heavy items like luggage
• Good team worker
• Good work ethic
None required, however, Maths and English will be assessed as part of the interview process.
Permanent role as a Welcomer/Greeter, possible progression into fuller Concierge Role, or role of a Receptionist, or a Porter role as part of the Conference & Banqueting Team or as a Food & Beverage Assistant / Team member in the Hotel
There will be an interview process, which may be followed by a working trial for 2-3 hours as part of the recruitment screening progress
Training to be Provided
Level 2 Hospitality Team Member Apprenticeship
Maths and English if required
40 hours p.w. worked over 5 days each week, as per rota (will include weekends & Bank Hols.)
Things to consider
There may be some unsociable hours occasionally, so it may be recommended to be based locally or have reliable transport. Alternatively, there is a possibility of live in accommodation (if appropriate/relevant)