Kimpton Charlotte Square are looking for an Events Team Leader to join our vibrant Events Team...
Kimpton Charlotte Square – located in one of Edinburgh’s most beautiful squares in the New Town, this hotel is a perfect point between old and new. The hotel offers a fresh experience in the centre of the historic city, with a pristine, traditional outside and a buzzing edge inside. The hotel lives as a natural meeting point for the young-at-heart crowd of the city – a place of experimental, discovery and sociability. It inspires guests and locals alike with a face of timeless tradition, and a heart full of life and colour
If you are looking for an exciting new role with no 2 days the same...this is for you! One day you might be doing a corporate meeting, a baby shower, a Christmas event or a wedding. It really is the department with the most variety!
We are looking for someone who can work 40 hours per week.
We are paying £12.00 per hour (Every Hour Paid!)
We are open 7 days a week 365 days a year and need people to work a range of shifts and days - this means we can offer great flexibility if required.
Working at Kimpton is not just about working. And it’s certainly not like working at other places. We value personality, individuality, creativity, doing right, continually improving, focus and passion.
What’s in for you as an Events Team Leader (just in case you need more persuading)
Not bragging but we are part of the IHG hotels and Resort family, FTSE 100 Company, market leader in delivering True Hospitality for Good around the world.
In our managed Edinburgh properties, you can take full advantage of our £15 a month gym membership, with 20% off all spa treatments.
With 25% off in all restaurants & Bars, within both Kimpton Charlotte Square & InterContinental Edinburgh The George, and an amazing 50% off in Burr & Co coffee shop concept on George Street, you can enjoy all that our guests do at a discounted price.
- £12 per hour, Plus Great IHG Perks!
- 28 days holiday each year, including bank holidays, this increases up to a maximum of 33 days (pro rata)
- Worldwide employee and friends & family hotel room rates
- An Overnight stay plus 1 when probationary period passed
- 50% off on F&B when staying over in IHG properties on Employee Rate
- Discounts on retail and various activities through our benefit portal
- Employee assistance programme 24/7
- Employee healthcare plan
- Access to Mental Healthcare first aiders
- Opportunities for career progression and to transfer around the world
- Meals whilst on duty
- Opportunities to get involved in our charitable and community activities
- Most importantly, we’ll help you grow, and develop you as an individual
You will feel at home with us if you are looking for a place where you can
- Be yourself: Bring in your individuality and the best and ever improving version of you. Who you are is who we are. So bring the real you.
- Lead yourself: Do the right thing when nobody is watching and take initiative. Find creative new ways to delight guests and colleagues, we trust you to learn, grow and continually improve at whatever you do.
- Make it count: Create ridiculously personal experiences (for our guests and our colleagues). What you do matters. You matter!
To succeed as our Events Team Leader, you will need:
- To be passionate about delivering great service and great food and drinks
- Experience in a Supervisor / Team Leader role within a Hotel Food and Beverage or Conference and Events department
- Experience within a property of similar size and complexity.
- Experience with working with customers in a busy environment
- To be willing to learn new things and work as part of a wide hotel team
Do you have what it takes? We’d love to hear from you.
Please click ‘apply’ now!
You must meet the legal requirements to work in the UK.