IHG Hotels & Resorts is one of the world’s leading hotel companies with around 350,000 colleagues working across more than 100 countries to deliver true hospitality for good. Our diverse portfolio of differentiated brands is well known and loved by millions of consumers around the world.
We genuinely care for our entire IHG Hotels & Resorts family. All our colleagues are valued, and their wellbeing matters to us. We provide the support our colleagues need to succeed and recognise them for their hard work. Our diverse global community values different perspectives and cultures.
We’re currently recruiting for a talented Brand Executive to join a dynamic and creative team driving the evolution and ongoing brand management of IHGs upscale brand, voco™.
This is a very special opportunity to work on a brand spearheading IHG’s 2x growth ambition and as such seeks an individual with equally ambitious development plans. In return, expect a competitive salary with good benefits and lots of room to grow.
Reporting to our Manager, Global Brand Management the Executive provides effective data and information gathering to prepare long term brand plans to differentiate the brands, grow market share and maximise owner return. The Executive supports the development and implementation of brand initiatives.
- Support the brand team on the development and implementation of projects:
- Assisting on the collation of information and updating brand presentations and delivering to external stakeholders, existing and potential owners, hotels and various internal stakeholders across the business
- Ensure latest documentation is available on Brand Central
- Supporting the day to day management of brand standards
- Managing updates to brand relevant documents and version control
- Keeping brand photography folders up-to-date and cascade with regional teams
- Supporting in managing the budgets and invoicing process
- Responsible for organizing on-going calls/events with regional and functional partners and follow-up when required in a timely manner
- Provides administrative support to deliver projects
- Manages budget and raises POs
- Lead own projects within the brand team:
- Lead collateral development
- Lead all brand translation projects
- Quarterly newsletter
What we need from you
Whilst we love experience, mindset is of equal importance. We’re looking for someone who has the ability to think beyond what's been done before. Someone with a real can do attitude, an eye for detail and the ability to combine creativity and commercial rigor. You understand brand, marketing and how it drives business advantage.
- Bachelor's or Master’s Degree in Brand Management, Marketing, Communications, or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience.
- European language skills an advantage
- Degree level education in marketing or business
- 2-3 years+ experience in marketing and/or sales in the travel & hospitality industry or consumer goods
- Previous experience in in a major multi-national marketing environment / travel and hospitality or consumer goods.
- Strong analytical skills
- Very good organisational and budget management skills
- Very good project management skills
- Excellent computer literacy skills (including Microsoft PowerPoint, Office, Excel and Word)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Very good oral and written communication skills
- Culturally aware/sensitive and team oriented with outstanding networking and partnering skills.
What we offer you
At IHG we give our colleagues greater flexibility and balance – working in a hybrid way, blending remote and office working. Although we thrive on collaborating in person, we expect that you’re likely to spend time working remotely. Every role is different, and colleagues work with their team and their leader to determine how and when they collaborate in person. We like to believe we offer a unique culture where you have room to be yourself.
Alongside our great working environment, we’ll offer you a strong industry competitive package, including healthcare and incredible worldwide hotel discounts.
As an equal opportunity employer, IHG is committed to providing a working culture that values diversity equity and inclusion and is committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a barrier-free recruitment process and working environment.
Whilst this role may initially be based in our Denham head office location, by September 2022 we will be relocating to our new Global Headquarters in central Windsor, so you will need to be able to travel to Windsor as required in the longer term.
Closing date for applications: 07/06/2022