With training and support, you will learn and undertake a broad range of basic food preparation and operation functions across all kitchen sections to the quality standard set by the Head Chef and Sous Chef.
Number of Positions Available
The Wyvern Theatre, located in Swindon town centre, is a gem of a venue in which to enjoy the very best of theatre on tour together with shows produced in the local community. Alongside the programme of plays, music, comedy, musicals, dance and children’s theatre, which attracts over 125,000 theatregoers every year, the Wyvern also incorporates a rehearsal studio, function room, and meeting rooms - all available to hire for a range of events. The Theatre’s bars and café serve bistro meals and light bites before every performance.
Detailed Job Description
The Wyvern Theatre in Swindon is one of 12 venues within HQ Theatres & Hospitality’s (HQT&H) current portfolio of regional theatres and concert halls. HQT&H combine their theatrical expertise with bespoke and innovative catering solutions; all aspects of hospitality, conferencing, events and banqueting is perfected in-house by expert chefs with the finest fresh ingredients.
We are looking an ambitious and organised self-starter who is keen to get started with a career in the kitchen. With training and support, you will learn and undertake a broad range of basic food preparation and operation functions across all kitchen sections to the quality standard set by the Head Chef and Sous Chef.
The successful candidate will work effectively and productively within the kitchen operating in a fair and equal manner that demonstrates effective teamwork. They will learn to ensure ingredients are stored, prepared and cooked correctly to deliver a quality product that is safe for the consumer. They will develop a range of craft preparation and basic cooking skills and techniques to prepare, produce and present dishes and menu items to highest standard in line with business requirements.
• The ability to pay attention to detail and work consistently to achieve standards.
• The aptitude to listen, respond to, and respect other peoples’ points of view.
• The ability to act on feedback to improve personal methods of working.
• An ability to understand and adhere to safe working practices and quality standards in a professional kitchen.
• The ability to work accurately, calmly and effectively in a busy work environment.
• A ‘can-do’ attitude and a positive, flexible approach to the job role, work colleagues and peers.
• A presentable, professional and approachable manner
• A willingness to work evenings, weekends and/or Bank Holidays as required.
• An enthusiasm to undertake training, learning, development and assessment relevant to the apprenticeship standard and the job role.
• An interest in and enthusiasm for developing a career in hospitality.
Maths and English GCSE – Grade A-C .
HQ Theatres will support current and on-going employment of successful Apprentices in line with Business needs.
HQ Theatres are committed to providing excellent training and career benefits, the pay rate will be £6.66p/h for Apprentices aged 16-20 , £7.70 for Apprentices aged 21-24 and £8.21 for Apprentices aged 25 and above. This is above the National Apprenticeship wage of £3.90 p/h for Apprentices in the first 12 months of their programme.
Training to be Provided
Commis Chef Standard Level 2.
30 hours p/w incl. evenings,weekends, B/Holidays.
Things to consider
Commitment and passion is essential for this role alongside a genuine interest in the hospitality sector.