PGL has a fantastic opportunity for a Catering Manager to oversee our catering team at our Liddington activity centre.
In this key role you will be responsible for ensuring the catering provision for guests and staff meets and exceeds their expectations. The role will require working weekends and a variety of shift patterns.
Key responsibilities include:
- Keeping up to date with stock and ensuring all orders are placed and received on time, and communicating with suppliers.
- Ensuring the catering budget is being effectively managed and that stock is rotated effectively to prevent waste.
- Effectively managing a team of staff.
- Attending the company’s catering forums as and when necessary.
- Keeping the catering diary up to date and making sure all specific tasks are completed.
- Ensuring all food safety training is completed by staff when relevant and is being followed day-to-day.
- Ensuring guest dietary and specific requirements are being checked and followed.
- Assisting with centre specific duties associated with a residential activity centre.
- Being an active member of the centre’s head of department leadership team.
What we are looking for:
The successful candidate will have experience of managing and supervising a busy department in a large catering establishment. You will have the ability to embrace innovation and address problems in a practical manner, and have exceptional communication skills. You will also have the professionalism, motivation and ability to drive standards within the department and wider centre, and a proactive approach to teamwork and staff development.
Successful applicants are required to undergo an enhanced DBS disclosure, which PGL will pay for. You need to possess the legal right to live and work in the UK to be considered for employment with PGL. PGL is committed to the principles of equality and diversity and welcome applicants from all sectors of the community, including those with disabilities.