voco Grand Central Hotel has a fantastic opportunity to join our Champagne Central Bar team as a Host/ Hostess...
Relive the golden age of travel at voco® Grand Central - Glasgow, an enduring monument to Victorian glamour in an unbeatable central location, attached to Glasgow Central Station, a city landmark since the 19th-century heyday of the railways.
High ceilings, chandeliers and wood paneling embody the elegance that makes our hotel special. Our magnificent, marble-clad Champagne Central bar open all day for sharing menus and afternoon tea, while Tempus Restaurant offers the best of Scottish cuisine. The Grand Ballroom is a charming spot for memorable celebrations, and 10 flexible meeting rooms take care of your business events.
We are Looking for Host/Hostesses who can commit to a full-time role and work 40 hours per week...
We are paying £11.50 per hour, every hour worked paid!
We are open 7 days a week 365 days a year and need people to work a range of shifts and days - this means we can offer great flexibility if required.
We are looking for a Host/ Hostess who is responsible for greeting our guests, seating customers and providing them with a menu and answering adhoc questions.
As Host/ Hostess in the bar you will keep the bar orderly by keeping track of what is going on at each waiter’s station and tables.
You will ensure a waiter oversees the administrative tasks and taking all orders.
You will manage the restaurant table management system, managing reservations to gain the greatest efficiency and maximise revenue per available seat per hour.
What’s in for you as a Host/Hostess (just in case you need more persuading)
Not bragging but we are part of the IHG hotels and Resort family, FTSE 100 Company, market leader in delivering True Hospitality for Good around the world
- £11.50 per hour
- 28 days holiday each year, including bank holidays, this increases up to a maximum of 33 days (Pro Rated)
- Worldwide employee and friends & family hotel room rates
- Discounts on retail and various activities through our benefit portal
- Employee assistance programme 24/7
- Recognition programmes
- Opportunities for career progression and to transfer around the world
- Meals whilst on duty
- Opportunities to get involved in our charitable and community activities
- Most importantly, we’ll help you grow, and develop you as an individual
You’ll be called upon to complete a wide variety of tasks and jobs within the hotel and it’s extremely important that you remain flexible and versatile around this. If you enjoy variety and are at your best when being part of a team as well as being passionate about delivering first-rate guest service through your high-quality work, this role is for you.
To succeed as a Host/ Hostess you will need:
- 2 years’ experience as a waiter or bartender in a busy restaurant and/or bar, experience leading small teams.
- To be passionate about delivering great service and great food and drinks
- Knowledge of both Micros Simphony (POS) and OpenTable Pro (TMS) an advantage, other POS and TMS essential.
- Hosts will be confident and show natural leadership capability. Hosts should be able to articulate a restaurant and bar revenue cycle especially focussed on how to manage and retain demand.
- Experience with handling guests queries and complaints
- To be willing to learn new things and work as part of a wide hotel team
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Host/Hostess, then please click ‘apply’ now!
We’d love to hear from you!
You must meet the legal requirements to work in the UK.