Housekeeping Team Leader - Live in option!!
voco Oxford Thames has a fantastic opportunity to join the team as a Housekeeping Team Leader - Live in option available!!!
Close to the heart of Oxford, on the banks of the River Thames, lies voco Oxford Thames hotel. With a history dating back to the Middle Ages, the hotel’s surroundings have an intriguing story to tell. voco Oxford Thames combines its medieval character with 21st-century style to create a unique setting for memorable meetings, conferences, and weddings alike, Dining at the voco Oxford Thames is a relaxed affair; discover British classics in the restaurant, enjoy pub favourites in the bar, or take afternoon tea either in the conservatory or out on the terrace.
We are Looking for a Housekeeping Team Leader!!!!
Live in option available at our staff accommodation!!!
We are paying £12.00 per hour, every hour worked paid.
We are open 7 days a week 365 days a year and need people to work a range of shifts and days - this means we can offer great flexibility if required.
At voco® everyone’s a host, if there’s one thing we know, it’s that a great host is at the heart of every great stay as we understand what our guest wants by delivering easy-going but attentive service.
Housekeeping Team Leaders receive some great benefits:
- £12.00 per Hour
- 28 days holiday each year, including bank holidays, this increases up to a maximum of 33 days (Pro Rated)
- Discounted international/worldwide room rates for yourself, family and friends
- Access to our voluntary benefits portal which includes discounts on some travel, leisure time activities, health, retail and motoring
- Vast range of learning and development programmes
- Opportunities for promotion and transfer across the groupboth national and international.
- Meals whilst on duty
- Uniform Provided
- Most importantly, we’ll help you grow, and develop you as an individual.
What we need from you
You’ll be called upon to complete a wide variety of tasks and jobs within the hotel and it’s extremely important that you remain flexible and versatile around this. This is a role, where you play a vital part in delivering a superior guest experience, from Cleaning Public Areas to Hotel Suites.
To succeed as a Housekeeping Team Leader, you will need:
- To be passionate about delivering great service
- Previous experience in Hotel Cleaning, as room attendant or public areas cleaner
- Experience with handling guests queries and complaints
- To be willing to learn new things and work as part of a wide hotel team
- To succeed as a Housekeeping Team Leader, you will need:
- Satisfies guests and team requests in a timely and professional manner enabling the deliver of the brand experience
- Exercise of leadership through fairness and respect and the demonstration of personal support of management directives
- Responsible for their own and their team cleanliness of guest rooms, corridors and pantries within instructed area of responsibility
- Responsible for the day to day performance of housekeeping team members within their given area of responsibility
- Report and support team to report maintenance issues (using hotel service optimisation / property tool)
- Effective mentoring and training of the staff guided by the Housekeeping Manager so as to achieve and maintain quality brand standards through the execution of departmental trainings including the IHG Way of Clean program
- Leadership of team through excellent organizational skills and practices in line with effective time management
- Adheres to all legal rules, regulations and guidelines of the hotel
- Expected to step up to cover sickness or holidays of housekeeping management to fulfil wider duties on an ad hoc basis
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Housekeeping Team Leader, then please click ‘apply’ now!
We’d love to hear from you!
You must meet the legal requirements to work in the UK.