InterContinental London Park Lane has a fantastic opportunity to join the team as a Door Person!
Situated at one of the capital’s most prestigious addresses- where Her Royal Highness, Queen Elizabeth II once used to reside, InterContinental London Park Lane reinvents traditional luxury to present modern and flexible sophistication in the heart of Mayfair. Inspired by its location overlooking the Royal Parks, the hotel delivers elegant natural interiors and award-wining seasonal cuisine.
We are Looking for a Door Person who can commit to working 40 Hours, 5 days a week.
We are offering an hourly rate paying £11.50 per hour.
Our hotel is open 7 days a week 365 days a year and need people to work a range of shifts and days - this means we can offer great flexibility if required.
At Intercontinental Hotels & Resorts® we live by the saying “Live the Intercontinental Life”, This means delivering discreet luxury service whilst offering a true sense of hospitality that money can’t buy.
What’s in it for you as our Door Person:
We are part of the IHG Hotels and Resorts® family, a global company, which means global opportunities! We are a market leader with the aim of delivering ‘True hospitality for good’. Our Door Person enjoy a range of benefits including:
- £23,920.00 salary (£11.50 per hour) Plus great IHG perks!
- 28 days holiday each year, including bank holidays, this increases up to a maximum of 33 days (Pro Rated)
- Worldwide hotel room rates and F&B discounts for all employees – plus Friends & Family.
- Discounts on retail and various activities through our HAPI benefit portal – with access to over 15,000 stores (Supermarkets, clothing stores, cinema tickets, eye care vouchers, Technology)
- 24/7 access to our staff wellbeing service ‘Yourhalo’, providing free confidential support and guidance for mental and physical health and wellbeing.
- Complimentary monthly massage therapy, foot doctor plus free medical plan.
- Subsidised taxi journey home for shifts finishing between 00:00 and 05:00
- 50% off F&B in our restaurant Theo Randall and Wellington Lounge
- Recognition through our Bravo programme – Where you can give and receive monetary bonuses and recognition for outstanding work!
- Employee of the month programme
- Exciting social events throughout the year such as ‘quiz nights’ and ‘bowling nights’ to name a few!
- Continual Learning & Development opportunities.
- Opportunities for career progression and to transfer around the world
- Generous ‘Refer a friend’ programme
- Meals whilst on duty in our staff restaurant ‘Park Lane Café’
- Opportunities to get involved in our charitable and community activities
- Most importantly, we’ll help you grow, and develop you as an individual
What we need from you
Our people help to make the biggest difference – we strive for perfection in everything we do for our guests, always focussing on what is important to them and always looking to improve. We take pride in the fact that we are experts in what we do and love to demonstrate this expertise to our guests with a sense of flair.
As a member of the Concierge/Front Office Team, our Door Person ensures that great memories are created for all our guests during their whole stay, as guests will be spending their time in and around the hotel.
Our Doorperson ensures the Door is manned and opened for all guests and they are greeted in a warm and friendly manner. You will be visible in the hotel lobby and have a unique and outgoing personality so that people can interact to ask for advice and guidance from the moment that they come into the Reception area. Our Doorperson acts as guest liaison, by keeping up to date with facilities in the hotel and the local area, as well as overseeing the wellbeing of guests, taking note of who is entering or exiting the hotel.
What we need from you..
The Doorperson has a significant influence on the guests first impression of the hotel, therefor they need to be warm, friendly, and passionate about the hotel and local area as we as:
- Have a unique and outgoing personality
- Have previous Front Office experience in a hotel environment,
- Have knowledge of Opera or a similar PMS.
- Extremely knowledgeable on local area and attractions
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Door Person then please click ‘apply’ now!
We’d love to hear from you!
You must meet the legal requirements to work in the UK.