The St Giles Hotel in London have an exciting Opportunity to appoint an Apprentice Night Receptionist to meet and greet guests of this busy 3 star Central London Hotel.
Number of Positions Available
St Giles London offers the city’s best value for honest comfort and incredible convenience. Located in the heart of the historic West End, London’s main commercial and entertainment centre. Our mission is to bring the St Giles experience to life by creating value, making a difference and contributing to memories that last far beyond checkout.
Detailed Job Description
St Giles Hotel in London occupy an enviable Central London location with excellent transport links available from the Hotel throughout London, this is a busy Hotel popular for Business and Leisure with our Guests.
Working Front of House it is essential that our staff have a real interest in making our guests feel welcome and take advantage of this fantastic training opportunity!
The Apprenticeship will lead to a Hospitality Team Member Standard qualification with further opportunities for career development upon successful completion of the 12 month programme.
The Apprentice Night Receptionist duties will include:
• Welcomes visitors by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
• Directs visitors by maintaining employee and department directories; giving instructions.
• Maintains security by following procedures; monitoring logbook; issuing visitor badges.
• Maintains telecommunication system by following manufacturer's instructions for house phone and console operation
• Maintains safe and clean reception area by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations. Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Good Communication Skills.
- Pleasant telephone manner and problem solving skills.
- Excellent IT skills including working knowledge of Microsoft and Google systems.
- Must enjoy working as part of a team and building great working relationships between departments.
- Genuine interest in Hospitality, reliable, punctual and professional at all times.
- Warm and engaging personality.
- Self motivated and eager to learn new skills.
- Great attention to detail.
- Excellent Organisation skills.
- Well presented.
None required, however, Maths and English will be assessed as part of the interview process.
To be discussed at interview.
Rota is on a shift basis, 5 days out of 7 days, including weekends and bank holidays
Training to be Provided
Hospitality Team Member apprenticeship Level 2
Maths and English if required
40 hours per week shifts from 10pm-6am or 11pm-7am
Things to consider
Shifts are allocated on a rota basis and are designed to fit the needs of the Business.