The St Giles Hotel in London have an exciting Opportunity to appoint an Apprentice Receptionist to meet and greet guests of this busy 3 star Central London Hotel.
Number of Positions Available
St Giles London offers the city’s best value for honest comfort and incredible convenience. Located in the heart of the historic West End, London’s main commercial and entertainment centre. Our mission is to bring the St Giles experience to life by creating value, making a difference and contributing to memories that last far beyond checkout.
Detailed Job Description
St Giles Hotel in London occupy an enviable Central London location with excellent transport links available from the Hotel throughout London, this is a busy Hotel popular for Business and Leisure with our Guests.
Working Front of House it is essential that our staff have a real interest in making our guests feel welcome and take advantage of this fantastic training opportunity!
The Apprenticeship will lead to a Hospitality Team Member Standard qualification with further opportunities for career development upon successful completion of the 12 month programme.
Receptionist Job Duties:
• Welcomes visitors by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
• Directs visitors by maintaining employee and department directories; giving instructions.
• Maintains security by following procedures; monitoring logbook; issuing visitor badges.
• Maintains telecommunication system by following manufacturer's instructions for house phone and console operation
• Maintains safe and clean reception area by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations. Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
• Good Communication Skills
• Pleasant telephone manner
• Computer Skills
• Well presented
None required, however, Maths and English will be assessed as part of the interview process
To be discussed at interview
Rota is on a shift basis, 5 days out of 7 days, including weekends and bank holidays
Training to be Provided
L2 Hospitality team member
Maths and English if required.
40 hours p/w shifts between 06.45 am - 22.30 hrs