Commis Chef Apprentice
A Chance has arisen to join the team at Dun Cow in Knutsford as an Apprentice Commis Chef. Learn the trade and gain a Level 2 Commis Chef Qualification!
Number of Positions Available
The Dun Cow provides a slice of the country with a twist of creativity and flair
Detailed Job Description
The Dun Cow offers stained glass, comfy sofas and open fires in a country inn with a beer garden and a pub food menu.
An ambitious hardworking apprentice chef is required to work in the busy restaurant under the guidance of their experienced head chef. They are looking for someone who is a good listener and genuinely wants to learn. Alongside this the successful applicant will work towards gaining a Level 2 Commis Chef Qualification.
Duties will include:
• Ingredient preparation
• Cooking meals through various different cooking methods
• Plating up and presentation of food
• Taking instruction from senior chefs
• Cleaning and clearing down work stations
• Working in a safe manner at all times
• Portion control
Ability to work in a team
• Ability to take instruction
• Basic Knowledge of food preparation & food hygiene
• Ability to communicate effectively
• Ability to work under pressure
• Desire to be successful
• Pride in what you do
• Not afraid to work hard
• Use your own initiative
None required, however, Maths and English will be assessed as part of the interview process.
To be discussed at interview.
Training to be Provided
Commis Chef apprenticeship Level 2
Maths and English if required
45 Hours a week
Things to consider
£16000 Salary Depending on Age and Skill Level
5 Day week (4 full days and 1 Half Day)