Who we are:
We love what we do and what we do is important! We believe that everyone should leave feeling better – this means not just our guests, but also our teammates. Everyone should go home feeling better because they learned something new, or had fun working that day. Therefore, we hire unique individuals who work together to create amazing experiences for our guests. We recognize that every member of the team contributes to the success of the whole hotel. No-one is more important than anyone else, and unless we are in it together, we can’t create that special experience for our guest.
Why work with Virgin Hotels:
Because it is fun, of course! But we appreciate that fun isn’t always enough – what else is in it for you?
· 28 days annual leave
· A day off for your birthday!
· Generous family friendly policies including enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave packages
· Teammate accommodation and food and beverage discount rates.
· Shopping and Lifestyle discount app
· Uniform provided
· Training and development opportunities
· Teammate meals provided
· Apprenticeship opportunities - get a qualification whilst you work
· Matched pension contribution
· 4 x your salary life assurance policy
· Free overnight stay once you pass your "settling in period"
· Company sick pay
· Employee Assistance Program and access to Counselling support
· “Borrow my doggy” dog care teammate app
Should you choose to accept it…
If you are a neat freak who loves to clean and ensure that everything is in its right place, then the Room Attendant job is for you. You will be required to communicate, coordinate and work well with other teammates, managers and guests. In addition, be aware of your surroundings and guest preferences that it will be easier for you anticipate guest needs in the way that they like their items organized (or not) in the rooms and be able to delightfully surprise them with your personalized service. Most of all, we want you to have FUN since you play a huge role in creating that memorable guest experience!
What exactly you will be doing…
· Clean all guest rooms up to the Virgin Hotel standards of cleanliness
· Report to designated shift in assigned attire
· Performs designated duties within time allotted
· Uses only the designated cleaning chemicals and tools
· Reports any guest or safety issues to a manager or supervisor
· Keep guest information confidential and secure
· Turns in all “lost and found” items at the end of the work shift
· Responsible for all keys assigned and complies with the key policy established by the company
· Complies with security policies of the hotel
· Restock supplies as needed
· When needed, the Room Attendant will assist with Public Area cleaning duties and Linen Porter responsibilities
· Flexibility to work different shifts, including on the weekends, holidays and nights.
· Complete a manager’s request within reason
What qualities are we looking for?
· Work with others like a rock star, while constantly advocating for your guests
· Strong communication skills
· Ability to anticipate needs and over-deliver wherever possible
· Enthusiastic, passionate, able to enthuse and motivate others
· Current, legal and unrestricted ability to work in the United Kingdom
· High school or equivalent education required.
Virgin Hotels celebrates diversity and welcomes teammates from all backgrounds. We are proud to be an inclusive and Equal Opportunity Employer.