Who we are:
We love what we do and what we do is important! We believe that everyone should leave feeling better this means not just our guests, but also our teammates. Everyone should go home feeling better because they learned something new, or had fun working that day. Therefore, we hire unique individuals who work together to create amazing experiences for our guests. We recognize that every member of the team contributes to the success of the whole hotel. No-one is more important than anyone else, and unless we are in it together, we can’t create that special experience for our guest.
Why work with Virgin Hotels:
Because it is fun, of course! But we appreciate that fun isn’t always enough – what else is in it for you?
· 28 days annual leave
· A day off for your birthday!
· Generous family friendly policies including enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave packages
· Teammate accommodation and food and beverage discount rates.
· Shopping and Lifestyle discount app
· Uniform provided
· Training and development opportunities
· Teammate meals provided
· Apprenticeship opportunities - get a qualification whilst you work
· Matched pension contribution
· 4 x your salary life assurance policy
· Free overnight stay once you pass your "settling in period"
· Company sick pay
· Employee Assistance Program and access to Counselling support
· “Borrow my doggy” dog care teammate app
Should you choose to accept it…
The main gig for the Housekeeping Supervisor is to ensure that our rooms are cleaned and that we have a clean and well maintained hotel as well as a happy housekeeping team. This takes loads of coordination and isn’t for the faint of heart.
The Housekeeping Supervisor is always visible and is constantly walking the floor, checking rooms and assisting as needed. They do this by working with a collaborative hotel-wide team. We believe that life is better when you love your job and we are looking for someone who loves Housekeeping (who couldn’t, right?)!
What exactly you will be doing..
- Ensures higher than normal quality standards for: hotel rooms, public areas, food & beverage outlets and the heart of the house!
- Works closely with the Housekeeping Manager and Front Office team to ensure all guest preferences are executed. We love going the extra mile and putting the guest first (we hope you do too!).
- Training, training, training! And more training! Did we mention you might be training?
- It’s about the money, honey! You’ve got some budgetary guidelines to follow – we are looking for a lean and mean scheduling machine.
- It’s all about the guest! Understands flexibility, “grey areas” and thinking out of the box.
- Loves to have FUN. Housekeeping is a hard job, sure, but we want our staff to work hard and have fun.
- The safety and security of our guests and teammates is our priority. Complies with all safety procedures and trains staff in all legal and appropriate areas.
What qualities are we looking for?
You got skills? If you are able to perform the following, then you have come to the right place…
- Great team player with the ability to create excellent working relationships
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to break down barriers and resolve potential conflicts swiftly and effortlessly
- Enthusiastic and Passionate
- Must love techy-gadgets; we will have lots of them!
- Unmatched attention to detail
- Current, legal and unrestricted ability to work in the United Kingdom
- High school education or equivalent
- Minimum 1 year of Housekeeping Supervisor experience.
- Ability to clearly and pleasantly communicate in English with guests, management/co-workers, both in person and on the telephone.
Virgin Hotels celebrates diversity and welcomes teammates from all backgrounds. We are proud to be an inclusive and Equal Opportunity Employer