Apprentice Commis Chef
An opportunity has arisen in the fast paced kitchen at the Waterfront Bistro in Ipswich.
Number of Positions Available
The philosophy behind The Waterfront Bar Bistro is one of a comfortable and relaxed atmosphere, a place to meet and eat some great food. Our aim is not to be too formal but ensure guests feel special and enjoy themselves.
Detailed Job Description
An opportunity has arisen in the fast paced kitchen at the Waterfront Bistro in Ipswich. Learn the trade alongside working to gain a Level 2 Commis Chef qualification.
Your main responsibilities will be:
*Assist senior chefs in preparing meals in either part or in full
* Actively seek to improve own skills and achieve personal development
* Work as part of the kitchen team under the direction of the head chef, sous chef and chef de parties to support the demands of the kitchen
* Work in a clean and tidy manner
* Comply with all health and safety regulations
* Undertake training as required
* Comply at all times with the Staff Code of Conduct
* Be flexible and carry out reasonable requests dictated by the business needs
* Seek to ensure at all times that staff, visitors and guests on our sites have the best experience possible
Good communication skills
Good work ethic
Passion for food
Good standard of spoken english
Good Level of hygiene
Good sense of humor
Must be good under pressure
None required, however, Maths and ENglish will be assessed as part of the interview process.
There is an opportunity for progression within this business moving up to the next level chef
Earliest start is 9am and latest finish will be 11pm ( employer is flexible with times if public is used)
5 days combination of split shifts and long shift for 40 hours a week
Training to be Provided
Level 2 commis chef
Maths and English if required
40 hours a week
Things to consider
Public transport links are good
Will be required to work evenings weekends and bank holidays and christmas holiday.