Senior Safety Manager (Managed and Lead Technical)
This is an exciting role working for the UK’s largest Pub Company. Stonegate Group continues to drive exponential growth, reflected in the Managed estate currently sitting at over 800 sites (in just 12 years) and continuing to significantly grow year on year.
While working at pace, Stonegate’s Safety Team is expected to underpin this growth with policy, process, and a proactive and informed way of working. The business continues to diversify including the recent introduction of a premium division and dark kitchens. The Senior Safety Manager will also lead the digitisation of all Safety due diligence during FY23 (starting October 2022).
Ultimately, the role is to help keep our people, guests, and business safe and legal while preserving Stonegate Group’s reputation and protecting its cash.
- Responsible for agreeing an annual safety plan and strategy with Head of Safety and obtaining approval and sign off from Director of Risk
- Agree personal targets and Safety KPIs with Head of Safety and obtain approval and sign off from Director of Risk
- Deputising for Head of Safety and attending Risk Management Group Meetings
- Build on Safety narrative around mindset, awareness, proactivity, and prevention
- Provide technical safety advice, support and policy for Stonegate Group and ensure that Stonegate Group is complicit with the latest Food and Health and Safety legislation and regulations
- Lead and inspire a team of Safety Managers
- Lead the Safety Digitisation project for the Managed Estate and work in partnership with the Craft Union Senior Safety Manager
- Grow and inspire the Managed Risk Champions, encourage, and share best practice and continue with the existing TEAMS and face to face meeting structure
- Lead the Managed ‘Clean and Green’ six - monthly initiatives and periodic safety calendar
- Lead the Primary Authority relationship (Milton Keynes) on behalf of Stonegate Group
- Lead Area Manager checks and focus on frequency, quality and engagement and induct new AMs and approved GMs
- Lead NSF Audit at account level for Managed, track SLA performance and continue to target improvements and optimise what they can do for us
- Take responsibility for Local Authority intervention at a local level in Managed and share best practice at Stonegate Group Level
- Interdependency – build proactive relationships with key internal stakeholders including MD, ODs, Food Development, Property, Insurance, IT and Risk Management Group
- Lead AOP (Asset Optimisation Programme) Safety in Managed and continue to drive improvements with the aim of every site transitioning at 5 stars (FHRS).
- Support Property with the account management, SLA, and performance of third-party Pest Contractors
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Behaviour in line with Stonegate FIRST values (Fun, Invest Wisely, Raring to Go, Straightforward, One Team)
- Great communicator with the ability to create a narrative that has appeal from Bar to Board
- Strong time management skills and the ability to prioritise and manage a large and diverse workload.
- Generating and interrogating data to identify risk at site, area, or divisional level
- High integrity and solution-based mindset
- Professional and unflustered when dealing with issues and people
- Focused on delivering outstanding customer service to internal and external Stakeholders
- Ability to absorb information, legislation, and policy
- Ability to excel under pressure in a fast paced and, sometimes, unforgiving environment
- Environmental Health Degree or equivalent
- Environmental Health experience
- Local Authority sponsorship
- Able to provide examples of being commercially and open minded
- Working with or within high volume pubs and restaurants
- Progressive career
- Best in class performance and consistently high achiever
- Success with initiating, leading, and delivering game changing projects
- A track record of achieving “WIN WIN” agreements with Local Authorities
- Excellent IT skills (word, excel, power point, apps, dashboards) and the proven ability at influencing at Board Level
- Experience of leading investigations