We are looking for a talented and experienced Sous Chef to join the team of our fantastic restaurant; The Ivy, part of Caprice Holdings.
The Ivy restaurant has been a firm fixture on London’s dining and social scene since its foundation in 1917. The Covent Garden restaurant and private room upstairs are the epitome of glamour benefitting from a redesign in 2015, with its shimmering central dining bar and signature harlequin stained-glass windows. The food includes balanced seasonal lunch and dinner menus that place the Ivy classics alongside a contemporary global palette, incorporating more Asian dishes, salads and vegetables, and a “sea and shells” section. The experienced team deliver the unfaltering service for which The Ivy has become celebrated for worldwide, over the years.
As Sous Chef you will assist the Head Chef and management team in the day to day operations of the kitchen and play a key role in supervising and developing the brigade. You will be expected to ensure the highest standards of food preparation and delivery, as well as effective communication across all sections of the kitchen.
In addition you will assist the Head Chef in ensuring targets are met in relation to payroll and food costs and all equipment is being effectively maintained. As a Sous Chef you will have a responsibility for ensuring the brigade complies with all health & safety and food safety policies and procedures.
The successful candidate will:
• Currently be a Sous Chef, or a highly experienced Junior Sous looking for their next promotion
• Have worked in a high quality, high volume restaurants
• Be passionate about delivering high quality food
• Be able to effectively manage, motivate and lead a team
• Have the ability to develop a team enhancing the skill level of the brigade
• Be a clear communicator and enjoy being part of a team
• Have good food safety knowledge with a minimum of food safety level 2 qualification
We offer our employees:
• A highly competitive remuneration package
• Provision of chef whites and shoes
• 6 shifts per week
• Overtime paid for additional shifts worked
• Induction training
• Extensive career development and training opportunities
• Pension scheme
• Life assurance cover
• Meals on duty
• Staff discount
• Discounted gym membership
• Access to our Cycle to Work scheme
If you are looking to work in a fast paced and vibrant restaurant environment where you will be able to develop your knowledge and skills we would love to hear from you!