£9.58 per hour plus company benefits
30 hours per week
Sunnybank House is a luxury residential, nursing and dementia care home in Eastleigh. We are looking for a part-time Kitchen Assistant to work 30 hours per week, including some weekends.
Our Kitchen Assistants support all catering functions within the Cinnamon home and, alongside the Head Chef and other catering staff ensures that all kitchen services are efficient and that the required Health & Safety measures are adhered to within the department. The Kitchen Assistant assists with all the working areas within the home's kitchen, including food preparation, washing dishes and cleaning the kitchen area.
- Support the Head Chef, 2nd Chef and other catering team members to deliver all catering services throughout the home, ensuring resident choice at all times.
- Prepare nutritional food and beverages to a high standard, as directed by the Head Chef promptly and in accordance with agreed mealtimes.
- Maintain a high standard of hygiene and cleanliness in the kitchen and food storage areas at all times in accordance with the appropriate food hygiene regulations.
- Prepare special diet meals as needed and as directed by the Head Chef.
- Provide feedback to the Head Chef and Chef on complaints from residents or others on the functioning of the catering department. Address complaints promptly where possible and report them to the Head Chef or in the Head Chef's absence to the Chef.
- Support cost-effective stock control systems to minimise waste and ensure these are in place.
We provide full training and support and encourage career development.
- Physically and medically able to carry out duties and responsibilities with or without assistive aids
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload and work under pressure
- Energetic, passionate and proactive attitude
- Awareness of COSHH and CQC regulations