Who we are:
We love what we do and what we do is important! We believe that everyone should leave feeling better this means not just our guests, but also our teammates. Everyone should go home feeling better because they learned something new or had fun working that day. Therefore, we hire unique individuals who work together to create amazing experiences for our guests. We recognize that every member of the team contributes to the success of the whole hotel. No-one is more important than anyone else, and unless we are in it together, we can’t create that special experience for our guest.
Why work with Virgin Hotels:
Because it is fun, of course! But we appreciate that fun isn’t always enough – what else is in it for you?
· 28 days annual leave
· A day off for your birthday!
· Generous family friendly policies including enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave packages
· Teammate accommodation and food and beverage discount rates.
· Shopping and Lifestyle discount app
· Uniform provided
· Training and development opportunities
· Teammate meals provided
· Apprenticeship opportunities - get a qualification whilst you work
· Matched pension contribution
· 4 x your salary life assurance policy
· Free overnight stay once you pass your "settling in period"
· Company sick pay
· Employee Assistance Program and access to Counselling support
· “Borrow my doggy” dog care teammate app
Should you choose to accept it…
We want someone who thinks outside the box. Our Belief Statement starts with “We love what we do and what we do is important.” Every single teammate in our hotel is valued and we expect our guests to feel the same way. This isn’t a walk in the park, but if you are passionate about people, share our quirky sense of humor, and are able to see beyond the traditional scope of checking in and out, then Front Desk Agent just might be the right role for you. We aim to deliver outstanding guest service to our guests and the team by offering timely, efficient, knowledgeable, warm and truly remarkable service. We will listen, record and maintain continuous communication with all departments to monitor completion of all guest requests. All incoming calls will be answered warmly, efficiently and thoroughly so that each guest hangs up the phone feeling better.
What exactly you will be doing…
· Learn and retain complete knowledge of front office procedures and comply with all policies and procedures.
· The Front Desk Agent maintains the Virgin “Tone of Voice,” culture & level of standards set forth by the management team.
· Use excellent communication skills with guests and staff including verbal, written and body language.
· Learn and retain knowledge of all front office technical systems (HMS, EAM, Guestware, GoConcierge, etc).
· Assist and process check-in & check-outs for our guests in accordance with their preference (traditional, kiosk, iPad).
· Process guest accounts by presenting folios to guests when requested, resolving any disputed charges & settling accounts by following accounting procedures.
· Manage The Know program to ensure guest profile information is relevant and it is being utilized to dazzle our guests during their stay.
· Ensure all guest questions & requests are completed & followed up on while executing fabulous guest service.
What qualities are we looking for?
· Work with others like a rock star, while constantly advocating for your guests
· Strong communication and presentation skills to all levels of management
· Ability to think outside the box and approach all issues with a completely fresh approach
· The Front Desk Agent must have the ability to anticipate needs and over-deliver wherever possible
· Able to change direction and work on multiple project aspects at once. Creatively solve problems
· Enthusiastic, passionate, able to enthuse and motivate others
· Current, legal and unrestricted ability to work in the United Kingdom
· High school or equivalent education required, degree in hotel management is preferred
· 1-2 years’ experience in a Front Desk Agent position within a hotel
Virgin Hotels celebrates diversity and welcomes teammates from all backgrounds. We are proud to be an inclusive and Equal Opportunity Employer.