Working hours: 40 hours
Petit yet top Lexington site, looking for a passionate Head Chef able to deliver to our high end clients the most refined bistros, working buffets and fine dining dishes.
Head Chef benefits:
As part of your package, we are offering a salary up to £37,000 per annum.
- This role comes with an Employee Assistance Programme
- A great cycle to work scheme
- Workplace pension
- Life Assurance (x2)
- 28 days holiday – pro-rata (including Bank Holidays) increasing to 31 days after 2 years' service
- Great benefits for you and your family
- Day off for your birthday
As a Head Chef, we expect from you to have experience in producing a high volume, yet creative and fresh, food offering. You must be up to date with current food trends and dining scene.You must be an effective communicator: verbal, and non-verbal, team work, team builder, persuasive and flexible. You must have management skills such as leadership, delegation, achievement orientated, motivated, staff development focus, analysis and problem solving, planning & organising, decisiveness & judgement. You must have the ability to creative a motivated and fun working environment.
- To organise and provide a high quality of food production and catering services to company and client standards.
- Demonstrate creativity and ongoing innovation within all aspects of the food and service offering – Grab & Go, Hospitality, Fine Dining and Events.
- Maintain & achieve the catering budgets and standards set out by Lexington and the client requirements without compromising on the food offer.
- Establish and maintain health & safety and hygiene procedures in line with the company policy.
- Produce and present food in conjunction with the kitchen team maximising customer appeal and exceeding Lexington and client expectations.
- Lead by example and monitor the performance of all kitchen staff.
- Conduct the purchase, receiving, storage and stock controls of all lines demonstrating kitchen due diligence.
- Show financial management through correct costing, stock taking and menu planning benefiting both Lexington and our customers.
- Recruit, support, train, coach and manage all kitchen staff and set an example for delivering an efficient, high quality, creative and financially beneficial service for both Lexington and our customers.
- Enhance and improve skills and knowledge by training and development benefiting self, all staff, Lexington and our customers.
- Ensure attendance of all relevant training & development courses and forums.
- Communicate and work with the General Manager to ensure all work is carried out efficiently and to the desired timeframes.
We are committed to creating an inclusive working environment. To be who you are without judgement, no matter who you are or where you’re from. Where individuality is a strength and you can be proud to be you.
Does it sound like you? Apply today!