Do you have excellent communication skills and a creative mind that you could utilise to bring our unique company culture to life, both for employees and future hires?
We have a unique opportunity for an experienced Internal communication & employer branding officer to join our People team.
We'd love for you to join us to drive the creation and delivery of Various Eateries first ever internal communications strategy to attract new team members, lead staff engagement, and to support the delivery of a bold people strategy. You will work closely alongside our marketing, training and people teams to both develop and deliver a strategy - championing VEL’s brand voice, and helping to develop internal editorial styles.
This position is based in our head office in London Bridge with some travel to our sites for content. You'll be an ambassador of our core values – Welcoming, Pride & Community - and you'll embody them at every opportunity and ensure everything we do sends the right message, the VEL way.
Some of your responsibilities:
- Collect and create engaging content for the monthly newsletter, reporting on culturally enhancing stories from across the sites
- Create relevant campaigns on our intranet (Looop)
- Develop and implement a bi-annual communication plan, highlighting notable industry events and festivals.
- Work with the training teams to support in day-to-day content.
Employer Branding & Engagement
- Working with the recruitment manager create story-telling content relevant for external facing media platforms for employee attraction purposes
- Create engaging video resources to be used for training pathways
- Work with Marketing to translate Brand tone of voice into relevant external facing material.
- Creating videos to support training needs in the business.
- Managing training ‘events’ on Looop
Who you are:
- An excellent writer and storyteller with a journalistic approach to sourcing stories around the business and for the business
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines / prioritise workload.
- First class copy writer
- Team player, can work with the sites on projects and ‘win’ stakeholders over.
- Creative thinker, able to come up with campaigns that are within brand guidelines
If you have the relevant experience and looking for a new challenge, do get in touch, we'd love to welcome you to our VEL family