You will be responsible for the smooth running of the kitchen whilst on shift. Ensure that food is stored, prepared, cooked, and served to company standards. Follow the kitchen opening and closing procedures thoroughly, and carry out daily and weekly cleaning tasks in the kitchen and storage areas on an on-going basis.
All chefs are responsible for the whole kitchen, not just the section they are working on. They will work as and where required.
- Ensure that your station is performed in a safe, clean and unvarying way.
- Preparation of pizza dough to correct company specification.
- Preparation of pizza to order within required time limits to correct specifications.
- Ensure your section is stocked with prepared items before/during/after your shift.
- Discuss production priorities with your Line Manager daily.
- Ensure food is cooked thoroughly, to a core temperature of 82’c or above.
- Food to be served hot, but not immediately, must be held above 63’c.
- Do not overcook the pizza.
- You must maintain the stations mise-en-place at all times.
- All products must be labelled, dated, initialised and rotated.
- Use all equipment and devices correctly and conscientiously.
- Change your gloves at least every 20 minutes.
- Check that the buzzer system is switched on and ready for service.
- Issues with Epos system must be reported to duty manager immediately.
- Ensure that you are following the “13 Steps of Service” with each Guest on every visit.
- Give our guests an amazing time.
- Keep smiling and have fun.
- Cleaning to be carried out on a daily basis, all cleaning schedules, opening and closing procedures must be strictly adhered to.
- Ensure the cleanliness and appearance of your uniform at all times.
- You handle the waste disposal by following the recommended national waste separation system. Waste bins have to remain closed and clean.
- You leave your working place always clean and fully stocked.
- As all other Vapianisti you are responsible for the daily cleaning of the staff room on the basis
- of “clean as you go”, in a weekly change with the other departments
- Understand and follow appropriate sections of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974.
- Understand and follow appropriate sections of the Food Safety Regulations.
- Understand and follow COSHH regulations.
- You finish your tasks within a timely and effective framework under consideration of the system requirements.
- Comply with all Company Policies and Procedures at all times.
- Communicate with guests in the first language of the country in which you are employed unless the guest or your Line Manager requests otherwise.
- To carry out any reasonable requests made by your Line Manager.
Has the desire to meet the needs of internal and external guests/visitors. It means focusing efforts on discovering and satisfying their needs.
Has a concern for working well to meet or surpass a standard of excellence. The standard may be one’s own past performance; an objective measure; the performance of others.
Is able to work co-operatively with others, as part of an immediate team and across departments, to meet business objectives.
Is able to apply the use of logic to assess and improve the accuracy of validity of ideas, information or processes.
Is driven by an underlying curiosity and desire to know more about things, people, or issues. It implies going beyond the questions that are routine or required in the job. It may include “digging” and scanning for further information.
Is a self-starter; proactively doing things to solve problems and seize opportunities, taking maximum responsibility (within the limits of authority).
Is able to adapt to and work effectively within a variety of situations, with individuals or groups. It includes adopting new behaviours and approaches as required by changes in role and the wider organisation.
Impact and Influence
Has the ability to persuade, convince and impress others in order to get them to support their agenda in the interests of the business. It is based on the desire to have a specific impact or effect on others where the person has his or her own agenda, a specific type of impression to make, or a course of action that he or she wants the others to adopt.