A lovely opportunity to work in a small friendly team at The Star Inn, Liverton preparing and cooking pub classics alongside a range of seasonal specials.
Number of Positions Available
The Star pub in Newton Abbot prides themselves on delivering the best hospitality in a friendly environment.
They are committed to welcoming customers old and new with the upmost professionalism and great customer service.
Detailed Job Description
The Star pub in Newton Abbot pride themselves on delivering the best hospitality in a friendly environment. They are committed to welcoming customers old and new with the utmost professionalism and great customer service.
The Star Inn are looking to recruit a Trainee Production Chef who will undertake a 12 month training program to gain a Level 2 Production Chef Qualification, the apprentice will develop their skills and knowledge of the industry and learn how to perform in a busy kitchen.
The Star Inn are dedicated to providing a bright future for all of their employees. The Chef Apprenticeship is a great platform for those who love food and what to learn to become a great chef.
Once trained, to perform as a chef day to day in an operating kitchen.
Tasks and responsibilities
1. Assist more senior chefs in preparing meals
2. Responsible for making superb dishes on time and to the required standard
3. Complete tasks set by Head Chef
4. Attend regular meetings with your trainer (approximately every 6 weeks)
5. Work in a clean, tidy & safe manner
6. Undertake any required training
7. Maintain a positive and proactive attitude at all times
8. Actively seek to improve skills and achieve personal development
9. Comply with all health and safety regulations.
10. Perform other duties as assigned by management
11. Comply at all times with the Company staff code of conduct.
12. Seek to ensure at all times that all visitors or guests on our sites have the best experience possible.
No previous experience required but a passion to learn and work with food is essential
Able to work as part of a team
Willing to learn
GCSE grade C/4 or above in Maths and English is an advantage but not essential.
Maths and English will be assessed as part of the interview process.
continuation of employment
The hourly rate may vary to reflect age and experience
Training to be Provided
Production Chef Level 2
Maths and English if required
35 Hours a week
Things to consider
Are you able to commute to and from work?
35 Hours per week, 5 days to inc Weekends, some straight shifts / some splits