Galvin Bar & Grill are looking for a Host/Hostess to join their growing team!
We’re thrilled to announce that we’re opening our brand-new restaurant–Galvin Bar & Grill–with Michelin-Starred brothers Chris and Jeff Galvin and Head Chef Adam Gray! Opening in our impressive dining room on Guilford Street, the restaurant is the Galvin brothers' take on the modern British grill, focused around ethically and sustainably sourced produce. While rooted in British cooking, the menu is not wedded to traditional dishes, drawing inspiration from other cultures to reflect the diversity of modern Britain. The menu embodies how the Galvin’s would like to see Britain today: ethical, generous and open.
We are paying £12.50 per hour plus service charge!
We are open 7 days a week 365 days a year and need people to work a range of shifts and days - this means we can offer great flexibility if required.
Working at Kimpton is not just about working. And it’s certainly not like working at other places. We value personality, individuality, creativity, doing right, continually improving, focus and passion!
What’s in it for you as our Host/Hostess:
We are part of the IHG Hotels and Resorts® family, a global company - which means global opportunities! We are a market leader with the aim of delivering ‘True Hospitality for Good’. Our Host/Hostess enjoys a range of benefits including.
- £12.50 per hour (£26,000 full time - plus tips) and great IHG perks!
- 28 days holiday each year, including bank holidays, this increases up to a maximum of 33 days (Pro Rated)
- Worldwide hotel room rates and F&B discounts for all employees – plus Friends & Family.
- Discounts on retail and various activities through our HAPI benefit portal – with access to over 15,000 stores (Supermarkets, clothing stores, cinema tickets, eye care vouchers)
- Season ticket loan
- 24/7 access to our staff wellbeing service ‘Yourhalo’, providing free confidential support and guidance for mental and physical health and financial wellbeing.
- Complimentary monthly wellbeing initiatives plus medical plan.
- Subsidised taxi journey home for shifts finishing between 00:00 and 05:00
- 50% off F&B in our restaurants (Galvin Bar & Grill, Burr & Co, Palm Court and Fitz’s Bar)
- Recognition through our Bravo programme – Where you can give and receive rewards & recognition for outstanding work!
- Continual Learning & Development opportunities
- Access to HIT Apprenticeships
- Employee of the month programme
- Exciting social events throughout the year!
- Opportunities for career progression and to transfer around the world
- Generous ‘Refer a friend’ programme
- Meals whilst on duty in our staff restaurant
- Opportunities to get involved in our charitable and community activities
- Most importantly, we’ll help you grow, and develop you as an individual
- Our people help to make the biggest difference
What we need from you
If you enjoy variety and are at your best when being part of a team as well as being passionate about delivering excellent guest service through your high-quality front facing customer service work, this role is for you.
We are looking for a Host/ Hostess who will be responsible for greeting our guests, seating customers and providing them with a menu and answering adhoc questions. As Host/ Hostess in the restaurant you will keep the restaurant and bar orderly by keeping track of what is going on at each waiter’s station and tables.
You will manage the restaurant table management system, managing reservations to gain the greatest efficiency and maximise revenue per available seat per hour, as well as ensuring a waiter oversees the administrative tasks and taking all orders.
It’s important to remember your importance and reason for completing each job- our guests! We are ‘in the know’ and love to proactively share our inside knowledge about our destination and culture- so our guests have a richer experience during their stay.
To succeed as a Host/ Hostess you will need:
- 2 years’ experience as a waiter or bartender in a busy restaurant and/or bar, experience leading small teams.
- To be passionate about delivering great service and great food and drinks
- Knowledge of both Micros Simphony (POS) and OpenTable Pro (TMS) an advantage, other POS and TMS essential.
- Hosts will be confident and show natural leadership capability. Hosts should be able to articulate a restaurant and bar revenue cycle especially focussed on how to manage and retain demand.
- Experience with handling guests queries and complaints
- To be willing to learn new things and work as part of a wide hotel team
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Host/Hostess, then please click ‘apply’ now!
We’d love to hear from you!
You must meet the legal requirements to work in the UK.