Working with us provides great benefits, including:
- Access your pay as you earn it through our financial wellbeing platform ‘Wagestream,’ a tool that lets you track your earnings in real-time, access a percentage of your pay as you earn it, learn easy tips for managing your money and save straight from your pay into pots for the future.
- Discounted Hotel Stays across our UK sites, and if you work for a branded venue, around the World!
- 50% off Food & Beverage at all our Hotels & F&B Venues
- Spa Discounts at our venues with a Spa
- Retail, Cinema & Leisure Discounts
- Development Opportunities via our ‘Grow with us’ initiative, including Apprenticeship opportunities, our Development Programmes, and more!
- Monthly ‘Star of the Month’ Awards
- Long-service Awards, that start after 1 year of service
- ‘Recommend a Friend’ Incentive – Be rewarded for referring someone you know!
- Access to a confidential ‘Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)’ available 24/7, 365 days per year.
- Pension Scheme
- Other incentive programmes that run throughout the year
About the role…
As Kitchen Manager you will be responsible for maximising profit from all food produced and served by creating and sourcing great products and menus using local and seasonal produce together with strong control of costs. You will also be responsible for delivering outstanding menus and exceptional dishes.
This must be achieved in the context of improving customer satisfaction and repeat purchase, through delivery of consistently high standards of menu, produce, cooking processes and dish presentation.
A key goal will be to develop a strong reputation for the restaurant and develop/retain and recruit a highly motivated team whilst exceeding the annual target for food profit contribution.
You’ll be overall responsible for the Kitchen and its staff, directing all kitchen activities and ensuring the preparation of our delicious food - helping create memorable experiences for guests - whenever and wherever they dine. You’ll also ensure quality, kitchen maintenance, food safety procedures and inventory functions are kept to the highest standards - to make sure your kitchen is always running smoothly
- Excellent cooking skills with a strong understanding of produce and ingredients
- Previous experience as a Kitchen Manager/ Senior Chef Role in a similar venue
- The ability to write menus that are both creative and profitable
- Excellent leadership skills with experience of developing and leading a team
- Strong communication skills through a variety of means
- Flexible and adaptable, with the ability to stay calm under pressure, adapting your approach to complete routine and non-routine tasks
- Exceptional organisation and planning skills through Standard operating procedures. High attention to detail and accuracy – great at managing one’s own time and the time of the team
- Drive & self-motivated. Excellent knowledge of kitchen related legislative requirements/audits
- Experience of budget management with a good understanding of P&Ls and KPIs along with an understanding of sourcing excellent seasonal produce, supplier relationships, rota management, food, menu and labour cost control.
- Hold appropriate professional qualifications for the role and have HACCP knowledge and experience
At Cairn Group we're ambitious. With a varied and extensive UK portfolio of hotels, bars and restaurants in our portfolio, we're focused on continual growth and are in it for the long haul. We are a family owned business with family values at our core, with a growing team and sites UK wide.