Apprentice Commis Chef
The Bay Horse Inn has an exciting opportunity for a keen apprentice to join their kitchen team, learn the trade and gain a Level 2 Commis Chef Qualification. At The Bay Horse Inn we strive to deliver and maintain a high standard. You will be able to develop your skills, knowledge and understanding of catering and put this into practice within our kitchen.
Any hours worked over the basic hours will be paid at £6.15 per hour.
You will be responsible for
- Maintaining a clean working environment
- Storage of different food products
- Cooking using a number of different methods and a range of fresh ingredients.
- Ingredient preparation
- Cooking meals through various different cooking methods
- Plating up and presentation of food
- Taking instruction from senior chefs
- Cleaning and clearing down work stations
- Working in a safe manner at all times
- Portion control