CHEF DE PARTIE, live-in accommodation, retention bonus, excellent gratuities
We are looking for a Chef de Partie to join our team at our Wellington Arms pub in Stratfield Turgos, near Basingstoke. Supporting the Head Chef and Sous Chef you will effectively run the cold section of the kitchen ensuring a high standard of food is served at all times, achieving all operational and commercial targets. It is a position that requires someone who is passionate about quality food, a strong team player and ambitious in working hard to progress and achieve quality food.
Live-in accommodatin available
Our support to you
- Support, training and development to improve your competency and skills in the role and to aid towards progression opportunities in the future
- £750 retention bonus
- Excellent gratuities
- Competitive salary
- £500 when you refer a friend or family member to any pub at Red Mist
- Regular social events and familiarisation trips
- Free meals on duty
- Regular in-house staff competitions
- Increased annual leave through length of service
- Monthly & annual ‘Shining Star’ nominations and awards
- 25% discount on food and drink in all Red Mist Leisure pubs for up to 4 people
- Access to Perkbox, offering staff discounts on high street brands, local gyms, and cinemas
- Be part of our charity days and events
- Guaranteed Christmas day off
- 4% Pension contribution
- To ensure we deliver a high standard of food at all times ensuring all dishes are served at the correct portion size, quality and temperature and enforcing strict ticket times on service
- In the Sous Chef’s absence be able to assist the Head Chef.
- To ensure that all Health and Safety legislation and guidelines are implemented, adhered to and reviewed regularly, in respect of kitchen production, employees, machinery, equipment and hygiene.
- To maintain exceptional standards of cleanliness around all areas of the kitchen
- To ensure when ordering on behalf of the Company, the most competitive price is obtained and you comply with our purchasing guidelines and agreed supplier range
- To minimise wastage through good management and not over preparing produce.
- To ensure stock holding and rotation is implemented.
- To achieve exceptional customer satisfaction results with regards to food
- To maintain all company health and safety policies and procedures
- To ensure all company property is properly respected, used and looked after to reduce maintenance or replacement costs.
- To work at other sites at Red Mist if required.
What we are looking for
- Passion for food. It is essential to understand and be passionate about great food. We want our menus to express real enthusiasm and passion for the ingredients and food
- Totally customer focused. We must always strive to exceed their expectations
- Honest, dedicated and hard working
- You must be a fun and enthusiastic person, with a good sense of humour, who enjoys work and the interaction with staff members and customers
- To have ambition and drive and the want to develop yourself
- To be flexible and adaptable at all times, setting this example to the rest of the kitchen team.
- The ability to create and maintain consistently great food always.
- You will need the ability, patience and skills to develop all staff as required in the kitchen