Principal York are looking for a Conference and Events Coordinator to join their growing team
Principal York being steps from the train station and is the perfect base from which to discover the historic city of York. Blending the grandeur of late-Victorian architecture with the comforts of modern travel, at Principal York offers we offer our guests the warmest welcome this side of the Pennines. Our hotel and teams combined, make the Principal York more than just a place to sleep. It is a place of memories.
We are Looking for a C&E Coordinator who can commit to 40 hours a week.
We are paying £10.48 per hour, every hour worked paid!
We are open 7 days a week 365 days a year and need people to work a range of shifts and days - this means we can offer great flexibility if required.
What’s in for you as a Conference and Events Coordinator (just in case you need more persuading)
Not bragging but we are part of the IHG hotels and Resort family, FTSE 100 Company, market leader in delivering True Hospitality for Good around the world.
- £10.48 per hour (£21250 per annum) plus great IHG perks!
- 28 days holiday each year, including bank holidays, this increases up to a maximum of 33 days (Pro Rated)
- Worldwide employee and friends & family hotel room rates
- Discounts on retail and various activities through our benefit portal
- Employee assistance programme 24/7
- Recognition programmes
- Opportunities for career progression and to transfer around the world
- Meals whilst on duty
- Opportunities to get involved in our charitable and community activities
- Most importantly, we’ll help you grow, and develop you as an individual
What we need from you
This is a mostly office-based role will involve supporting the Conference and Events Team by being the first point of contact for booking enquires and contributing to administrative process, including liaising with clients, suppliers’ other departments within the Hotel and conducting show rounds for protentional new clients
To succeed as a Conference and Events Coordinator, you will need:
- Previous experience in Hotel environment either in a reception role or with the C&E department
- Experience of providing excellent customer service
- Experience with handling queries and complaints
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent administrative skills
- Time management skills
- To be willing to learn new things and work as part of a wide hotel team
Do you have what it takes? We’d love to hear from you.
Please click ‘apply’ now!