Are you a Sous Chef looking for a new role? Would you prefer to work within a family business where you voice is heard? If so please read on!
There is a great opportunity for a skilled Sous Chef to join our kitchen team at our Red Shoot pub, set in the middle of the beautiful New Forest.
£28,500 per annum, plus overtime + tips!
What is the benefit of joining the Wadworth Family?
- 25% discount off food, beverage and accommodation in our Managed Houses and Hotels
- Competitive salary
- Fantastic opportunities to train and develop within the business
- Employee Assistance Programme support through LTC
- Further benefits being introduced in the coming months
Sous Chef at The Red Shoot
The Red Shoot is a famous pub, with its own small micro brewery, in the heart of the New Forest. It is a well known destination for many and also has a very loyal following from those living locally. Serving great freshly cooked pub food and a range of its own ales alongside Wadworth beers the pub benefits from a large garden and gets very busy during holidays and when the sun shines.
The key attributes we are looking for in the successful candidate are:
- A great team player, working with the Pub Management Team to ensure that every customer has a fantastic experience.
- Organisation and communication skills are key to the Sous Chef role to ensure a cohesive working environment.
- You will work closely the Head Chef and the front of house team to deliver excellent customer service with quality food.
- Multi skilled and flexible with at least 3 years’ experience within a similar role.
- A positive member of the Kitchen Team, with at least 2 years chef experience in a similar environment.
- Being an inspiring leader – when you are in charge you can engage, excite and communicate clearly to your team to ensure they enjoy their work, and deliver outstanding food and service to all your customers.
- Being organised - the ability to plan activity and tasks to ensure all the key tasks of running a great kitchen are completed in a timely manner.
- Have a passion for what we do - determined and tenacious and in doing so showing the passion and drive high standards to keep growing the sales and profit of the pub
- Being multi-skilled and flexible – having the ability and willingness to go the extra mile, work front and back of house, and willing to do every task.
Wadworth is an independent family regional brewer and pub company. Established in 1875, we are still based in Devizes, Wiltshire, which is where the Company started. We have pubs across the South-West UK and London.
We are all about… Real brewing, real pubs, real people.
With almost 150 years of brewing award winning beer, we’re proud of where we’ve come from, proud of where we are, and excited about where we’re going.
We have exciting plans to develop our business and are looking for fun, focused and motivated people to join the Wadworth family who are passionate about delivering outstanding customer experience. It all starts with our talented team within the business.