Are you looking for your next role in a large meeting and events venue? Then this is the role for you! We’re looking for someone to implement and manage sales strategy for a busy city centre conference centre and hotel!
Working with us provides great benefits, including:
- Access your pay as you earn it through our financial wellbeing platform ‘Wagestream,’ a tool that lets you track your earnings in real-time, access a percentage of your pay as you earn it, learn easy tips for managing your money and save straight from your pay into pots for the future.
- Discounted Hotel Stays across our UK sites, and if you work for a branded venue, around the World!
- 50% off Food & Beverage at all our Hotels & F&B Venues
- Spa Discounts at our venues with a Spa
- Retail, Cinema & Leisure Discounts
- Development Opportunities via our ‘Grow with us’ initiative, including Apprenticeship opportunities, our Development Programmes, and more!
- Monthly ‘Star of the Month’ Awards
- Long-service Awards, that start after 1 year of service
- ‘Recommend a Friend’ Incentive – Be rewarded for referring someone you know!
- Access to a confidential ‘Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)’ available 24/7, 365 days per year.
- Pension Scheme
- Other incentive programmes that run throughout the year
About the role…
You'll be an integral part of the reactive & proactive team, reporting into the General Manager, working alongside the Sales Manager and Business Development manager. You will manage a team of up to ten people covering meeting, events, and reservations.
Your efforts will be focused to drive and retain business growth opportunities. Supporting the reactive and proactive team with sales strategy.
You don’t need to possess all these qualities, however the below gives you an idea of the type of person we’re looking for:
- Confident with excellent interpersonal skills
- A strategic mind to grow business opportunities across all revenue streams
- Possess excellent communication skills. You'll need to be a good co-operator with a professional, warm, trusting and friendly approach, reacting to change in a positive way
- Comfortable working towards KPI and targets
- Proven sales track record
- Experience with online platforms for M&E
- Knowledge of working with key industry agents as well as direct clients
- Well informed about the market and industry, knowledge of city centre conference and event venue would be desirable
- Comfortable working with Excel with a knowledge of forecasting and budgeting – this is an essential part of the role
- To be able to identify sales leads and new opportunities to be developed by the proactive team
- Flexible and adaptable, with the ability to stay calm under pressure, adapting your approach to complete routine and non-routine tasks. You’ll have great team working skills, motivating and resilient, and be confident at managing your own time and that of your team
- High attention to detail and accuracy with a creative and innovative approach
- Experience within the Hospitality sector desirable but not essential
- Knowledge of Delphi and Opera systems would be desirable
The ‘BCEC’ offers a versatile mix of event spaces ideal for conferences, exhibitions, board meetings, award dinners, networking and charity events. Most of our function space is fully-flexible and interconnecting and can comfortably accommodate a large scale conference for up to 1,000 delegates with ample breakout space for seminars, training sessions and refreshments. Our company also owns the neighbouring Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre, and is part of a larger group - Cairn Group.