Galvin Bar & Grill are looking for a Chef De Partie to join their growing team!
We’re thrilled to announce that we’re opening our brand-new restaurant–Galvin Bar & Grill–with Michelin-Starred brothers Chris and Jeff Galvin and Head Chef Adam Gray! Opening in our impressive dining room on Guilford Street, the restaurant is the Galvin brothers' take on the modern British grill, focused around ethically and sustainably sourced produce. While rooted in British cooking, the menu is not wedded to traditional dishes, drawing inspiration from other cultures to reflect the diversity of modern Britain. The menu embodies how the Galvin’s would like to see Britain today: ethical, generous and open.
We are paying £14.50 per hour, every hour worked paid, Plus Service Charge
We are looking for Chef de Parties, with experience in Grill style cooking.
We are open 7 days a week 365 days a year and need people to work a range of shifts and days - this means we can offer great flexibility if required.
Working at Galvin’s in Kimpton Fitzroy is not just about working. And it’s certainly not like working at other places. We value personality, individuality, creativity, doing right, continually improving, focus and passion.
What’s in it for you as our Chef De Partie:
We are part of the IHG Hotels and Resorts® family, a global company - which means global opportunities! We are a market leader with the aim of delivering ‘True Hospitality for Good’. Our Chef De Parties enjoys a range of benefits including:
- £30,160.00 (£14.50 per hour) – Every Hour Worked Paid!
- 28 days holiday each year, including bank holidays, this increases up to a maximum of 33 days (Pro Rated)
- Worldwide hotel room rates and F&B discounts for all employees – plus Friends & Family.
- Discounts on retail and various activities through our HAPI benefit portal – with access to over 15,000 stores (Supermarkets, clothing stores, cinema tickets, eye care vouchers)
- Season ticket loan
- 24/7 access to our staff wellbeing service ‘Yourhalo’, providing free confidential support and guidance for mental and physical health and financial wellbeing.
- Complimentary monthly wellbeing initiatives plus medical plan.
- Subsidised taxi journey home for shifts finishing between 00:00 and 05:00
- 50% off F&B in our restaurants (Galvin Bar & Grill, Burr & Co, Palm Court and Fitz’s Bar)
- Recognition through our Bravo programme – Where you can give and receive rewards & recognition for outstanding work!
- Continual Learning & Development opportunities
- Access to HIT Apprenticeships
- Employee of the month programme
- Exciting social events throughout the year!
- Qualifying for company sick pay after successful completion of the probation period (terms and conditions apply)
- Access to IHG Skills Academy (For non-employees also)
- Opportunities for career progression and to transfer around the world
- Generous ‘Refer a friend’ programme
- Meals whilst on duty in our staff restaurant
- Opportunities to get involved in our charitable and community activities
- Most importantly, we’ll help you grow, and develop you as an individual.
What we need from you
To succeed as a Chef de Partie you will need:
- To be passionate about delivering great service and great food and drinks
- 2 Years’ experience as a Commis Chef in 4/5* Hotel or restaurant
- City & Guilds 706/1or NVQ equivalent
- Experience with working in all sections of the kitchen
- To be willing to learn new things and work as part of a wide hotel team
Do you have what it takes? We’d love to hear from you.
Please click ‘apply’ now!?
You must meet the legal requirements to work in the UK.