Greenwich Peninsula is Europe’s largest single regeneration development delivering 17,000 new homes in a new swathe of London that brings together culture, community and modern architecture. Design District is a collection of 16 buildings designed by eight architects set in the heart of Greenwich Peninsula. The Design District will offer permanent and purpose-designed studio space for the creative industries, asset managed by Design District Limited. It is scheduled for opening in Summer 2021.
Prescient Group is managing the Canteen & Bar. We are known for shaping and operating renowned food & beverage, retail and cultural destinations. We work to transform spaces into meaningful assets that deliver targeted results. Some examples of our varied prior clients and projects have been Old Spitalfields Market, Ralph Lauren, Petersham Nurseries, Corbin and King and Burberry.
Design District Canteen & Bar (“Canteen”)
Canteen is a food and beverage destination at the heart of the Design District servicing the residents and visitors of Greenwich Peninsula. It is a highly visible semi-open outdoor venue in the shape of a caterpillar, it is completely transparent and freely accessible. Within the space are six fully fitted-out kitchen spaces and a larger bar. There are two floors with the first floor used as a large seating area and the ground floor housing the finishing kitchens, bar and circulation for the guest. Canteen also benefits from an adjacent shared production kitchen where the partnering food operators will prepare food and dispense deliveries. It will be a wonderful and vibrant place to visit, full of light and also benefitting from large trees and comfortable casual seating.
Design District Canteen & Bar (“Canteen Bar”)
The Bar will provide the arrival experience for all guests entering the Canteen venue from the O2. There will be a varied customer of creatives, residential, visitors and workers and so the Bar is to provide a broad offer of appeal. From craft local beers to cocktails, quality coffee and smoothies to biodynamic wines. The Canteen Bar will be a place for everyone to enjoy through out the day. It is anticipated that the Bars proximity to the O2 will mean that there will be very busy event lead periods. The Bar will be fast, fun, diverse and deliver a high standard of quality and service.
As one of our Bartenders & venue hosts you will be the face of the Canteen, delivering exceptional customer service, serving customer orders in a timely manner while always bringing forward your personality. With the Bar open from 8:00am through to midnight, you will be delivering service to a range of customers, and we want you to get to know our regulars who will pop in every morning for a coffee to customers coming for their first time on their way to an event at the 02. Personalising each interaction will allow us to stand out and establish ourselves as a place to visit.
Salary £11.05 ph
Varied contract lengths available up to 40 hours.
We are looking for people with experience within food & beverage who are willing to learn and work hard.
The ability to prioritise different tasks and requests with great organisational skills.
Experience making cocktails and barista would be ideal but full training will be given.
Food Hygiene certificate and Health & safety awareness an advantage but full training will again be given.
Good level of English language both written & spoken.
Overall, we are looking for people who have a great personality and able to bring their all into work every day.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that the customers experience is one to remember
- Maintain a high profile during service whilst being polite and helpful
- Promote and establish a regular customer base, remember their likes and dislikes
- Smile and maintain eye contact with customers
- Provide prompt, unobtrusive, attentive service
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance
- Maintain a high standard of personal hygiene
PRIOR TO SERVICE:
- Report for duty on time and prepared for your shift
- Assist others in ensuring that stations are equipped with sufficient clean equipment
- Stock up as per standard
- Ensure Bar is set up and stocked appropriately
- Ensure Bar, Back of house areas and floor is clean to standard
- Take instruction from your manager/ supervisor, anticipate their requirements
- Provide attentive, unobtrusive, prompt service, work as a team
- Take and process orders, make, serve and clear food and drinks, troubleshoot where necessary.
- Respond to any menu/drinks queries with knowledgeable answers
- Ensure the customers needs come first
- React promptly and deal with any issues, complaints, breakages, spillages as member of the supervisory team.
- Communicate any unresolved issues to the manager/ supervisor
- Break down tables and clean
- Break down stations
- Restock stations as necessary
- Ensure everything is left clean and tidy.
- Report any outstanding service issues the supervisor/ manager
- To have an excellent understanding of the different menus and the style of service for drinks, food and retail
- To have a full working knowledge of all beverage items to include undertaking training in wines, beers, spirits and cocktails
- To have a full understanding of all items of equipment, their uses, and where they are kept
- To have a thorough working knowledge of the EPOS system to include, geography, what to do if it crashes, troubleshooting and knowing how the credit card payment handsets work.
- To represent management in event of emergency, and to assist customers in same
- To know where all emergency exits are
- To pay due regard to the Health and Safety Policy and Food Safety policy and to ensure standards are met throughout the business.
- To pay due regard to the company’s policy on Confidentiality
What we will give you
London living wage employer
Full training and ongoing brand incentives with the bar & canteen
A summer & Christmas party
Your birthday paid day off every year
At least 1 full weekend off every month
Money each year of working that can go towards your personal development