IHG Hotels & Resorts is one of the world’s leading hotel companies with around 350,000 colleagues working across more than 100 countries to deliver true hospitality for good. Our diverse portfolio of differentiated brands is well known and loved by millions of consumers around the world.
We genuinely care for our entire IHG Hotels & Resorts family. All our colleagues are valued, and their wellbeing matters to us. We provide the support our colleagues need to succeed and recognise them for their hard work. Our diverse global community values different perspectives and cultures.
Your day to day
This role will be supporting the Director of Commercial NHOP (New Hotel Openings) to manage the pre-opening commercial activities and plan for franchise and managed openings, ensuring that all hotels open On Time, on Brand and On Budget, coordinating activities of all functions of Sales, Marketing, PR, Channels, Distribution and Relationship management – working closely with Revenue Management and Hotel Lifecyle and Growth Teams to ensure commercial performance of the new opening. Some of the key responsibilities will be:
- Be the face to new hotels, management companies and owners for anything commercial related.
- Drive the NHOP commercial agenda to develop and implement the pre-opening Sales and Marketing Plan in conjunction with BU Commercial across the region.
- Drive the Commercial Milestones critical path ensuring all commercial activation are completed on time, by the correct person or team and the relevant tools have been effectively utilized.
- Conduct in-depth commercial mapping reviews and positioning workshops for individual openings as per SLA.
- Co-ordinate the communication and sales, marketing, PR, distribution marketing and revenue management activity for new opening hotels with the Director, Commercial/Area Director of Sales and Marketing and between hotel and above property functions.
- Measure and monitor the adoption and utilization of commercial tools and facilitate the sharing of Best Practices from global and regional teams.
What we need from you
- Degree or equivalent international degree in Marketing or Business desired.
Critical expertise & experience
- Able to demonstrate external industry knowledge and continuous learning, keeping up to date with current trends.
- International hotel brand strategic sales, marketing or revenue management experience.
- Experience in Hotel Sales and Marketing or Revenue Management in a senior management role.
- Clear project management capability.
- Has experience participating in an industry task force.
- Establishes goals and objectives and sets performance targets.
- Ability to manage and coordinate multiple tasks.
- Partnership driven, able to collaborate and rally multiple stakeholders to deliver to deadlines and activity.
- Can meet deadlines.
- Good working knowledge of IHG systems and the ability to understand and drive outcomes within the IHG network.
- Has a deep understanding of the markets and the context of operating in a diverse region
- A strong leader, who can understand the vision and how to translate this into reality and execution.
- Is able to creatively solve problems in order to deliver effectively.
- Builds strong and credible relationships. Is patient, yet persistent.
- Culturally aware.
What we offer you
At IHG we give our colleagues greater flexibility and balance – working in a hybrid way, blending remote and office working. Although we thrive on collaborating in person, we expect that you’re likely to spend time working remotely. Every role is different, and colleagues work with their team and their leader to determine how and when they collaborate in person. We like to believe we offer a unique culture where you have room to be yourself.
Alongside our great working environment, we’ll offer you a strong industry competitive package, including healthcare and incredible worldwide hotel discounts.
As an equal opportunity employer, IHG is committed to providing a working culture that values diversity equity and inclusion and is committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a barrier-free recruitment process and working environment.
Whilst this role may initially be based in our Denham head office location, by September 2022 we will be relocating to our new Global Headquarters in central Windsor, so you will need to be able to travel to Windsor as required in the longer term.
Closing date for applications: 29/04/2022