Food and Beverage Supervisor
Up to £24,500 depending on experience (OT paid at standard rate)
40 hours per week (shift work including mornings, evenings, weekends, and Bank Holidays,
with no split shifts!). Duty Manager shifts on rotational basis.
About Phyllis Court Club
You will be enthusiastic and personable with a genuine passion for food and beverage service. Working closely with the Assistant Food & Beverage Managers you will provide guidance and support to the team to ensure smooth service delivery.
With your catering know-how and painstaking attention to detail you will be responsible to ensure the highest levels of service and to maintain standards that have been set in the SOP’s for day-to-day activities. You will be a natural positive leader and have the ability to train, ensuring we get the best from our team of food and beverage assistants.
Having an understanding of the current market, you will be excited about our events and support future promotions. Most importantly it will be your role to ensure that all Members and Guests at Phyllis Court Club have a positive memorable experience.
Benefits of a Food & Beverage Supervisor
As well as the traditional benefits such as our pension scheme, life assurance and 28 days holiday each year (pro rata), you will enjoy extra perks when you join the team at Phyllis Court.
- Perkbox (discounts at high street retailers and restaurants)
- Gym & swim access at the Fitness Centre
- Full training including Flow online trainings and certificates
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) and wellbeing support
- Meals and hot drinks while on duty
- Complimentary parking onsite
- Friends and family rates for hotel accommodation and special event bookings
- Friends and family tickets for Henley Royal Regatta
- Staff socials and events
- Automatic enrolment in the Club pension scheme
- Life assurance scheme
- Membership to the Institute of Hospitality after successfully passing probation
- Staff accommodation on request
Your responsibilities as a Food & Beverage Supervisor
- Work alongside the Food and Beverage team to ensure smooth and high-quality service is delivered in line with our standards of operating procedures (SOP’s).
- With the team, deliver an exceptional experience to our Members in order to promote loyalty and repeat visits.
- Ensure Members and Guests are receiving prompt and accurate service in accordance with Club standards and charging is correct.
- Work collaboratively with the wider team and support other departments (hotel, reception, kitchen, maintenance and fitness) so that a smooth efficient service and working environment is achieved; a One Team ethos.
- Ability to positively resolve and learn from Member complaints and comments and escalate as needed.
- Possess knowledge and seek to improve good overall knowledge and understanding of food and beverage, ability to pair wines with food, upsell wine or cocktails and train others with your knowledge and skills.
- Have allergen knowledge to safely manage menu selections with guests while communicating allergen requests to the kitchen, ensuring safe food for all of our Members.
- To act for the Assistant Manager as needed, to conduct daily pre-shift briefings to ensure staff are briefed on menu specials or changes, dietary requirements, special occasions etc.
- Responsible for on-the-job training on an ongoing basis and in line with the Club standards and complete any documentation of training as required.
Requirements of a Food & Beverage Supervisor
You should have exceptional customer service skills, be a clear communicator and be able to demonstrate great teamwork. Experience in a similar role is desirable but full training will be given on the job. The role is very hands on, so a can do, and proactive approach is essential and forms part of our ‘One Team’ ethos.
Thanks for your interest in working for Phyllis Court Club If you feel you have the required experience for this role, please send a short cover note explaining your most relevant experience and we will be in touch.