FSC Slapton, Kingsbridge, Devon
£23,737 - £27,089 per annum plus benefits + Golden Hello
37.5 hours per week
Up to £2,400 pro rata Golden Hello Payment available (Terms and Conditions apply)
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Lead Cook to join our friendly team, working at a field centre catering for groups of all ages, resident and non-resident. Our beautiful centre is located within the South Devon Area of Outstanding Natural beauty and is close to Slapton Ley.
Work/Life balance - No late shifts. Finish time normally 8pm at the latest.
Overall Job purpose:
The Lead Cook is key to the centre’s catering team, you will have day to day responsibility for all aspects of the catering operation to deliver a quality service to our incoming groups. Invariably we cater for a wide range of diets including vegan, gluten free, vegetarian, nut free etc so require an experienced person to devise and cook meals for up to 160 visitors.
You will have 3 years+ catering experience, a relevant catering qualification, management experience and experience of monitoring and recording all catering functions in accordance with safe catering practices ensuring compliance at all times e.g. HACCP, Safer Food Better Business, a minimum of Level 3 Food Hygiene certificate (or currently working towards) and experience of supervising catering staff
- Delivery of an efficient, hygienic and safe catering service that meets the demands of our customers
- Cooking and delivery of breakfast and evening meals: set mealtimes with one or two sittings and two to three menu choices at each
- Ensuring compliance with health and hygiene regulations and other relevant legislation
We ask that you have –
- A positive and passionate work attitude
- A desire to show pride in all aspects of your work
- A flexible approach with a willingness to adapt to changes
- An ability to work using your own initiative both independently and as a competent, effective team member
- An ability to work under pressure and prioritise work to meet tight deadlines
- Always treating others with courtesy, dignity and respect
- A commitment and contribution to improving FSC’s environmental performance
- A committed and proactive approach to personal development; motivated to learn new skills and overcome new challenges
- Holidays – 28 days excluding bank holidays (increases with length of service - up to 2 extra days)
- Sick Pay
- 24hr Counselling Helpline Service
- Life Assurance
- Health Cash Plan
- Friendly Team
- Free parking
- FSC Workwear
- Training & Development
- Happy to talk flexible working!
If you have any queries regarding this vacancy, please call Kate Payne on 07714 613906. We look forward to receiving your application in due course.
The closing date for receipt of your completed application is 12 midnight on Friday 13 May 2022.
Interviews are scheduled to take place at FSC Slapton, Kingsbridge on Thursday 19 May 2022.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted by telephone and/or email.