A great opportunity to join the team at Searcys as an apprentice chef to assist the Head Chef / Sous Chef in the kitchen ensuring Searcys' reputation for food quality is maintained across it's hospitality, fine dining, staff restaurant and training floor.
Number of Positions Available
We are creators of brilliant restaurant experiences and wonderful events. Our collection of venues includes restaurants, bars, cafes, and event spaces across the UK. You can find us in iconic surroundings such as The Gherkin, Blenheim Palace and St Pancras International Station. The main areas we serve are restaurants, bars and cafes on the high street as well as visitor attractions, and event venues.
Detailed Job Description
• To assist in the preparation and cooking of menu items as directed by the Executive Chef
• To assist in the development and planning of menus, including future food trends and be passionate about developing new styles of service and concepts in the location.
• To assist with stock taking when required.
• To carry out the smooth and efficient running of your section as appropriate.
• To ensure that customers are given a prompt and efficient service and expectations are consistently exceeded.
• To be customer focused at all times; approachable and quick to exceed expectations in fulfilling customer needs.
• To be a team player, assisting other team members when necessary.
• To treat members of the team at location as you would expect to be treated.
• To gain an understanding of food costing, sales mix and menu planning.
• to ensure stock, deliveries and wastage are all checked and recorded in line with company and food standards.
Health & Safety, Food Safety, the Environment:
• To adhere to the company’s Food Hygiene, Health and Safety and Environmental policies.
• To ensure that food storage areas are maintained in accordance with the company’s Food Hygiene, Healthy and Safety and Environmental policies and procedures.
Experience gained within a commercial kitchen.
Ability to listen to and follow instruction.
Good time management.
Ability to work efficiently in a team.
Must be able to work at Pace and under pressure.
Genuine passion and interest in food.
Ability to work in a team.
Excellent communication skills.
Helpful with a positive attitude.
Flexible and adaptable.
None needed however maths and english will be assessed as part of the interview process.
Development from Apprentice to full time Commis Chef in one of our prestigious venues.
Training to be Provided
Level 2 Commis Chef Standard.
45 hours p/w Monday-Friday
Things to consider
This role is in a hot and fast paced kitchen. You will be standing for the majority/all of your shift - it's a tough but rewarding career.